C & C cages

• Thread starter Thread starter lawnmower piggy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lawnmower piggy

I've seen C&C cages mentioned on a few post and wondered what they actually looked like

thanks

Nx

Here are some of mine. :)

5-1.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

Thanks my 4 girls live in a 4x4 C&C in the shed with the blue grids. It's really easy to set up. The mesh one was in my living room during the winter for two of my boars. I needed it raised off the floor for easier cleaning. :)

Here is mine. It's got 2 levels.

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

The best thing about C&C cages is that you can really have them any shape or size you want

My current ones are in this thread
http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=22541.0

Here are some i've had in the past
DSC02831.jpg

DSC02830.jpg

DSC02834.jpg

DSC02560.jpg

DSC02475.jpg

DSC03681.jpg

:)

If you are going to have a C&C i think i remember you saying you have your bun in with your pigs? if so i wouldnt advise having a rabbit in a C&C because they could jump out really easily and if you used a grid over the top it would be too low for the rabbit to stand up.
x

Emma do you think doing two grids high would be ok for rabbits? Then again harvey can jump 3 foot...lol Make that 4 high then! ;D

Simon could jump 3, possible 4. He can get on top of his hutch no trouble and thats quite high, he jumps onto our dining room table too. I'd imagine 4 would be ok but then it's awkward to get to i suppose! plus they arent very sturdy if you push them which i know for a fact my rabbit would ;D but if you had a well behaved small one it could work! x

Harvey is so strong so he would probably knock them over and Tika flies into everything...lol Peter is building me a run so when I bond them I'd do it that way. I'll play it safe! Thanks! x

if we were to have them it would be in an outside shed.

and yes - without the rabbit, ours can easily clear three foot!

how do you keep them clean and fresh with the bed spreads on the bottom?

Ness

Regular changing. Every other day it is more work but I find it more cost effective. I find I don't have a lot of waste either. :)

Well you have to wash the fleece/throws every day or every other day! Means less waste but bit of a pain in the bum sometimes! I now use aubiose or hay because they're outside so bedding doesnt get all over the house! If yours will be in a shed i'd suggest using whatever bedding you have them on now! xx

yes i think I would carry on with shavings, replace the 'toilet' area daily and the rest weekly or as required

as usual hubby thinks he can make something similar! ;D

N x

Lol! Theyre really good i think, great for space for the pigs and easy to access for cleaning out plus you can make them as big or small as you want! x

Is that pigaloos eyespy in there i thought about them then thought my lot would chew um lol.Lots of spoilt piggies me thinks O0

I've got 3, they all have two levels and two of them are built on top of each other.
PICT2317.jpg

PICT2318.jpg

I love these cages you can do whatever you want with them.

i have put picture on recently of mine under a fleece thread, but since i am so proud of it here it is again! :)
DSCF0008.jpg

it even matches the colours in my living room! ;D ;D ;D

Talking 'bout spoilt piggies! I have a 3 floor, 2x3, just for 3 very spoilt girlies! And I'm thinking about extending! Pics soon once I sign up to photobucket.

wow there is some pretty cages there...i love the designs of some of them, they are just so awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back