c@c cages?

• Thread starter Thread starter poppy1775
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

poppy1775

hi i've been browsing though all the post on here and seen everyones c@c cages and they look really good where do you get them from?! ?

Hiya,

Most of us get the grids from screwfix.com I think you type in cubes and they come up. Some people use correx which is available from signmakers or Ebay for the base. I am currently using laminate, with plastic over the top until I can make my cages bigger when I get another shed. :)

Louise
:)

Hi, my cubes are from screwfix :) i used to have correx until i had to make the cage bigger so they're on showercurtains with neswpaper over and hay for now until i can get more correx lol! Are you thinking of doing one? They're great mine love their cages! x

Thanks everyone hey look really great my lot would love them! yeah i'm thinking of having them there during the day and putting them back in their cages at night! would i be able to put dividers in to keep sows and boars seperate or would i have to make 2 ? ?

you can put the grids in between, they would act as a sort of divider, you wouldn't need to make 2 :) just one big one with some grids down the middle!

If you cant' find some stuff for the base, use lino!
My mum bought too much for her kitchen, so I gave it a go. Just cut and fold up the corners in the same way as you would with the other stuff.
Have you seen guineapigcages.com?

thats ok then i can't wait i had a look at guineapigcages.com but couldn't make much sense of it :D

I have two boars and two sows in my shed, I have had to make 2 seperate cages as Twinkle was trying to get through to the other side. I thought if I made two then it would stop the boars from seeing the girls (I have the none see through grids.) I do think it all depends on what your pigs are like personality wise. I wouldn't like my boys to see my girls incase they decide to have a fight over them or worse jump across the cage!

Louise
:)

Its true what lousie says, i only have a neutered boar so he's not interested really, depends on the pigs :)

thats true one of my boars is neutered but ronnie is probably likely to go nuts if he see's the girls!

Twinkle is always sniffing the girls out, he knows they are there. So I've made the cage two grids high just for my own peace of mind! I think if you don't have neutered boars then I'd go for the plastic grids where the bigs can't see out of. There are usually some on Ebay. :)

i bought mine of ebay, quite expensive with posting though because the weight

i wanted to look on ebay but i don't know what to put in the search box :D

jnenbnb said:
Hi, my cubes are from screwfix :) i used to have correx until i had to make the cage bigger so they're on showercurtains with neswpaper over and hay for now until i can get more correx lol! Are you thinking of doing one? They're great mine love their cages! x

Watch out for nibblers! I had a shower curtain on the bottom of mind from Asda and the little boars nibbled through it, little monkeys!
Mine are on correx but I am hoping to make a 2nd floor so I need some more, I might replace the orginal with black too.

Emma x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back