C&c cages, lids and cats

ImmyH

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hoping for a bit of advice from people who have cats and indoor piggies.

We are due to get kittens in a few weeks and are going to make some updates to our piggies’ cage to make it as safe as possible.

They are currently in a c&c cage and I have 2 questions

1) How easy is it to fit a lid onto a c&c cage using the grids?
2) would this be kitten proof?

Just for some added context, the pigs live in my office so kittens would not be allowed in their room unless under *very* close supervision.
I would like to build them a more permanent cage from wood but the materials are proving quite pricey. This is still my aim but might need to save before I can properly do this.

Thank you 😊

Hello I don’t have cats or kittens now but I have done in the past.I have a lid made of c&c grids. I’ve used cable ties for extra stability. The lid grids have special prongs to connect - see photo. It’s very sturdy and you could always add a padlock if ness .
If your c& c is off the ground that’s better with kittens I’d think.Good luck and how exciting to get some kittens 🥰

Attachments

• 9304D7EE-191E-42A1-A26A-37C76D6398CF.webp
    9304D7EE-191E-42A1-A26A-37C76D6398CF.webp
    71.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 7E93BE97-7484-47D1-8E1C-7B22417E291A.webp
    7E93BE97-7484-47D1-8E1C-7B22417E291A.webp
    68.1 KB · Views: 8
Hoping for a bit of advice from people who have cats and indoor piggies.

We are due to get kittens in a few weeks and are going to make some updates to our piggies’ cage to make it as safe as possible.

They are currently in a c&c cage and I have 2 questions

1) How easy is it to fit a lid onto a c&c cage using the grids?
2) would this be kitten proof?

Just for some added context, the pigs live in my office so kittens would not be allowed in their room unless under *very* close supervision.
I would like to build them a more permanent cage from wood but the materials are proving quite pricey. This is still my aim but might need to save before I can properly do this.

Thank you 😊
You wouldn't have to put a top to it if kittens aren't allowed in there. When they are older it's right to teach them to look not touch as I've done with my cats. None of them have ever tried getting into the cage. If you are still concerned, you can put grids on top having it be 2 grids tall that way you can still get in and out with ease.

Back