C&C cage!

emilyjayne

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I’m super excited to give my piggies a more spacious home. I fell victim to the ‘guinea pig cages’ sold in pets at home and got a cage that is far too small for my piggies. After watching them play in a bigger space and reading about how much space they need, I couldn’t keep them in the tiny cage. I’ve ordered the parts to make them a 4x2 C&C cage and they’re arriving tomorrow!

Ah that’s lovely …..we’re all a little bit lacking in knowledge at the start of our guinea pig journey
That’s why I love this forum
I understand why you’re excited !
Can’t wait to see the new cage and your piggies 🥰

It's so good when you get to see them in a decent sized cage. C&c is brilliant for making the best use of space available as you can go L shaped, round corners etc. even use extra grids to make storage underneath.

This forum has been SO helpful. I’m so grateful for it. I’m autistic and when I get into something (or someone’s in the case of my piggies) I want to know everything there is to know about that interest. Having so much information in one place has been amazing and it’s really helping me learn how to give my piggies the best life possible. Kylo and Chewy are also very grateful!

Attachments

• IMG_6595.webp
    IMG_6595.webp
    59.2 KB · Views: 4
Ah I love that photo - gorgeous piggies and I love those names - Kylo and Chewy - which is Kylo and which is Chewy ❤️❤️
I find this forum sooooo helpful too - we are a very friendly helpful bunch here and Welcome emilyjane 🥰

I understand exactly what you mean. raising a neuro divergent child and learning about high functioning ASD, I came to the realisation that I am most definitely on the spectrum myself. When I was young, I taught myself to always try to channel my obsessive urges towards healthy and positive things. Like the best care for my precious boys. I joke about them being my emotional support animals but since having developed chronic health issues and having to give up working they really are!

Ah I love that photo - gorgeous piggies and I love those names - Kylo and Chewy - which is Kylo and which is Chewy ❤️❤️
I find this forum sooooo helpful too - we are a very friendly helpful bunch here and Welcome emilyjane 🥰
Kylo is the black and white one and Chewy is the ginger and white one. They’re Star Wars themed names! Kylo has a little Mohawk that makes him look a bit edgy so he got a dark side name and Chewy chews on EVERYTHING. He chews and pulls the bars of the cage if he wants food and you ignore him 😂

I understand exactly what you mean. raising a neuro divergent child and learning about high functioning ASD, I came to the realisation that I am most definitely on the spectrum myself. When I was young, I taught myself to always try to channel my obsessive urges towards healthy and positive things. Like the best care for my precious boys. I joke about them being my emotional support animals but since having developed chronic health issues and having to give up working they really are!
Kylo and Chewy are absolutely emotional support piggies for me. I’ve only recently been diagnosed ASD I’m also currently out of work due to my health and my mental health has been so much brighter since the piggies came into my life. I know what you mean about channeling the obsessive urges to positive things - I worry I can be ‘too full on’ with my interests but with pets, having more knowledge can’t be a bad thing! I hope your health conditions are ok. I’m glad you’ve got your piggies to help you :)

Back