C & C cage with roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

wind1

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi, Has anyone made a C & C cage with a roof on? I want to do one but it needs a roof to keep a rabbit and cats out. I have an idea how to keep a roof on it but I would need to be able to open the cage somewhere. This is what is puzzling me. Where to have the opening and how to keep it closed. Thankyou.

I have seen people put more cubes on the top of the pen to close it off. You can then just open a section or all of it. Might bot be Ideal but that's the best I can think of. sorry

what about getting some netting that i've seen on outside playpens

I would suggest wire mesh netting, I have this on the outdoor play pen as I have a cat. I fix it on with garden ties similar to cable ties, then just untie them to roll the roof back to bring them out and put them in.

At the moment I hae been useing cc for a run for Oakley I used a peice of an old fire guard as a lid ;) used cable ties one side then padlocked it to keep preditors out ;)

Pumpkinpiggie said:
At the moment I hae been useing cc for a run for Oakley I used a peice of an old fire guard as a lid ;) used cable ties one side then padlocked it to keep preditors out ;)
Thanks, great idea, I have loads of panels off an old fire guard which I use for various things to do with the guineas. I hadn't thought of using it for a roof though! ?Will give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back