C&C Cage vs. Midwest

PiggiesRAdorable

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Greetings! I am wanting to know your personal opinions on C&C cages and Midwest cages. I currently have three female piggies and I'm looking to upgrade their space. I have been deciding on whether to build a 2X5 C&C cage or to attach two Midwest cages together.

Feel free to share your experiences/opinions on these cages :D

The Midwest will give you everything you need, including a ready to fit base, and it's very uncomplicated - just unfold the sides, and velcro the base in. Make sure you get at least one of them with the ramp cover, your pigs will want it for moving into the next cage. It's fairly versatile too, you can set it up in a square, an L shape, or even a long rectangle if you wished.

I use a C&C now, and it works because of the extra space it gives me, but I do miss the simplicity of the Midwest. My current C&C uses a large piece of tarp at the base - it's tied on with cable ties on three sides plus the tarp extends out on the final side. I had to cut it to fit the room, so the fourth side can't be tied on because the eyelets are gone, so the extra space is still covered for kicking poop and hay onto the floor. The Midwest doesn't have that problem.

The cage I have now is larger than even two Midwests, and for that reason alone I won't be swapping back any time soon, but if I did have to go back I wouldn't be complaining.

Back