C&C Cage Size

Princess_Harriet

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’ve been keeping my two girls in a Midwest cage for awhile, but I’ve decided it would be nice for them to have an upgrade. I’m looking at making a C&C, but I can’t decide on a size. I know 2x4 is the minimum for 2 pigs, and 2x5 is the minimum for 3. Has anyone had any success doing a 4x4 cage? It’d be easier for me space wise to have it in a square. Thoughts?

You can do whatever you want - thats the beauty of them!

A 2x4 is recommended (not minimum) size for two sows ( 2x4 c&c is larger than a Midwest cage and it’s the Midwest cage which is minimum size).

I have two of my newly bonded boars in a 4x3, and then a 2x4 for my single boar.
The only down side to having a cage wider than 2 grids is that you can’t reach across it to get for the back corners. I have to stand in my 4x3 to reach the corners so a 4x4 will obviously be worse on that front.

You can do whatever you want - thats the beauty of them!

A 2x4 is recommended (not minimum) size for two sows ( 2x4 c&c is larger than a Midwest cage and it’s the Midwest cage which is minimum size).

I have two of my newly bonded boars in a 4x3, and then a 2x4 for my single boar.
The only down side to having a cage wider than 2 grids is that you can’t reach across it to get for the back corners. I have to stand in my 4x3 to reach the corners so a 4x4 will obviously be worse on that front.
Ah ok that makes sense! I think I will go with the 4x4 then - thank you so much! :)

Back