C&c Cage Insert

Dayle

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi fellow piggy owners, I have just bought my first c&c cage but I'm really having troubles making the insert fit as the connecters get in the way at the bottom so it won't sit flush.. pleaseeee I need hints and tips don't know if I'm just being thick thank you

Hiya @Dayle :)
Firstly, welcome to the forum :wel:
When you say the insert, do you mean the correx sheeting? Any chance you can upload a photo so we can offer advice on what we see? I’m sure we can help in one way or other :nod:

I will be building my first C and C this weekend, so I'll watch the thread, too

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions myself, but good luck!

I had this problem the whole time I had by 5x2! Never really sorted it out. The correx just sat on top of the connections at one end - drove me nuts but I got used to it. When I added a 2x2 in an L shape I re-scored the offending side and made it fit

Would this thread help? (sorry, is it against the rules to quote info from other forums? If so, please delete this):
https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/10935-Coroplast-measurements

Apparently, there are two solutions:
1. Measure the correx slightly smaller, as to fit between the connectors, not between the grids. You end up with a tiny gap between the walls of the correx and the grids though
2. Swap the bottom connectors for cable ties instead

Thanks for starting the thread! Otherwise, I wouldn't have known of the issue in advance, and sourcing correx is a true nightmare for me, so I can't afford any mistakes

So we've re-scored them and now it's short.. is everyone's short? Haha.. I literally have no clue about this c&c stuff just knew I wanted it lol.. thanks to everyone for welcoming me =].. hopefully get this sorted ASAP then my piggies can come inside.. cheers everyone

1510822181697149964265.webp

15108224393452001510408.webp

1510822470868892916763.webp

Would this thread help? (sorry, is it against the rules to quote info from other forums? If so, please delete this):
https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/10935-Coroplast-measurements

Apparently, there are two solutions:
1. Measure the correx slightly smaller, as to fit between the connectors, not between the grids. You end up with a tiny gap between the walls of the correx and the grids though
2. Swap the bottom connectors for cable ties instead

Thanks for starting the thread! Otherwise, I wouldn't have known of the issue in advance, and sourcing correx is a true nightmare for me, so I can't afford any mistakes

It's fine haha.. where are you from? we got ours from Travis Perkins it was £4.. it is a little thin but didn't realise this until putting it together haha. Thanks

The corex is never really an exact fit... I wouldn't worry about that little gap. I would cable tie as well as use connectors also as they can pop off occasionally

Welcoem to the forum by the way, be fab to see some photos of your piggies, looks like they are going to have a great cage :)

I always score 0.5 cm less than the measurement and it sits on the connectors - I've never had an issue. I suspect is you scored 1 -1.5cm less than the measurement or measured between connectors and did 0.5cm less than that it would work. But honestly mine has sat on the connectors for 4 years (not the same vortex I have replaced it) and the only issue I have is that upstairs is a little noisy when thubder thighs Ziggy runs around!

My first c&c my father in law cut the bits of the connections off so they were flat. Lol he says we r never doing that again. So the next cage I built I just used cable ties and no connections. Your cage looks good.

I always score 0.5 cm less than the measurement and it sits on the connectors - I've never had an issue. I suspect is you scored 1 -1.5cm less than the measurement or measured between connectors and did 0.5cm less than that it would work. But honestly mine has sat on the connectors for 4 years (not the same vortex I have replaced it) and the only issue I have is that upstairs is a little noisy when thubder thighs Ziggy runs around!

Thanks.. never heard of another Ziggy I have piggy and Ziggy .. but it's piggy that is thunder thighs in this cage haha

Thanks everyone I've just left it.. it's really annoying though lol.. piggies seem to enjoying it.. just need to get some baskets now for underneath the cage.. also my piggies are lazy and ideas to get them to go into their attic.. tried putting veg up there but they won't go up the ramp it's not slippy and not massively steep..

The corex is never really an exact fit... I wouldn't worry about that little gap. I would cable tie as well as use connectors also as they can pop off occasionally

Welcoem to the forum by the way, be fab to see some photos of your piggies, looks like they are going to have a great cage :)
The connectors definitely pop off with the weight! Especially if you have chubby pigs like mine!:D

Back