C + C cage and my piggies....

• Thread starter Thread starter jakewc2
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jakewc2

Well, I finally have my cage. T'm a bit disappointed, because the cubes came in 14 in squares, which meant that I couldnt get a 6 foot one made, but its about 5 foot by 2.5 feet, but still really big.

The problem is, I put the boys in to see their new home, and world war three broke out, chasing each other round, they even started biting each other. I gave them a time out and tried again, the same thing happened, but they arent bite each other this time. They are making all these angry noises though, like rumbling, and chirrupping. I just hope they like it, as I dont want to go back to using the smaller cage.

Has anybody seen this happen before, when they are put into a larger cage?

This is normal behaviour, as they are proving their dominance to eachother, and finding a pecking order. You can leave them together to calm down and settle in.

As long as there is no blood shed they should be ok.

Hi, thank you for your reply, that's reassured me a bit. I was just not expecting it. They got on so well till today, now this. The noises are still going on, but the chasing round and biting seems to have stopped, thank goodness.

My boars do this all the time, they even do it to the girls as a mating dance or somthing ::)
Its completley normal... just watch them to make sure no fights happen :)

It is normal behaviour, they are just stating their territory (this bit of the cage is mine). Keep a close eye that it doesn't get out of hand though. They should settle down soon. Did you put them in the cage at the same time? How did you introduce them to the cage? :)

Hi, thank you for your replies. I just put them both in together, as it was a new cage. They have had two cage changes before this one, but they were smaller cages. I added some tubes for them to hide in, and then put them in. I have igloos and a hay dispenser thingy coming tomorrow. I am also going to add a second level but I have started, but I need a break, and will finish the rest off tomorrow.

They have settled down now, the noise has stopped and they have been eating and drinking. :)

That's good news, just keep an eye on them, but I am sure they will be fine. O0

i am worried that my 2 boys will do this when i put them in their new C and C cage

when we first brought them hope they had a few fights to work out who was boss, reggie ended up with 2 tiny nips out of his ears

i hope they settle in well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back