C&c cage and floor time

Poppiespigs

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello.

I currently have 2 boars who live indoors in a Bluebell hutch. They spend all day in a run whether in be indoors or outdoors. The run is 2m x 1m.

Due to space, the hutch and run take over. So I’m looking to get a 6x2 L shape Kavee cage but remove the divide.

My question is do they still need to go in the run indoors if their cage is big enough?. Obviously when it’s nice they will still go outside on the lawn.

Hi. If their cage is big enough then no they don’t need run time.

I don't have floor time for my pair - they're in a 5x4 C&C and I don't have a safe enough (nor warm enough) space for them elsewhere anyway.

The c&c will be on the floor, is that ok? They are used to being on the floor in their run.

And if ok, do I need to put anything under the c&c cage as I’ve seen loads with rugs underneath.

I have a C&C on the floor. I use a layer of tarp as the flooring for the C&C itself, with a layer of puppy pads on the tarp and then bedding over the puppy pads.

My boys were in a 5x2 and got floor time only occasionally. I did it because they did enjoy it. They still did zoomies in their cage so I guess it was enough.

The girls lived in the ground floor flat and I sat the cage on lino.

I have my boars in a 5x2 on the floor in my apartment in the large dining/tv room. I have a pet gate that I use to block off the rest of the apartment because they could fit in between the laundry machines and the wall and some other not great places to be. I've pig-proofed it, so there aren't any wires. I actually have a door panel on my cage that I can open up and a small ramp to go over it so they can easily get in/out when I let them out for floor time, and they like it. I don't have anything under the coroplast, and it's fine.

You said a 6x2 L shape, does that mean like a 4x2 with a 2x2 on the side? Often the rectangular ones are better so they have consecutive straight space to run across, though that design should be fine.

I have my boars in a 5x2 on the floor in my apartment in the large dining/tv room. I have a pet gate that I use to block off the rest of the apartment because they could fit in between the laundry machines and the wall and some other not great places to be. I've pig-proofed it, so there aren't any wires. I actually have a door panel on my cage that I can open up and a small ramp to go over it so they can easily get in/out when I let them out for floor time, and they like it. I don't have anything under the coroplast, and it's fine.

You said a 6x2 L shape, does that mean like a 4x2 with a 2x2 on the side? Often the rectangular ones are better so they have consecutive straight space to run across, though that design should be fine.

Back