C and C Cages - Water Bottles

Doragon

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey gang! I hope you’re all doing well!

Just wondered what type of water bottles you use on your c and c cages? I’ve tried about 6 different bottles, from glass to new plastic ones, but they all leak! They don’t leak on other cages, so I wonder if it’s just a C&C issue. Just wondered what you all use?

C&C, and glass bottles here. Might it be the way they're sitting on the grids? I put my grids together the wrong way round (and then was too lazy to fix it) so I ended up securing the bottles in place with three cable ties - one at either side at the spring clip, and then one around the bottle spout itself. It stopped the excess movement which would cause a bit of leaking.

C&C, and glass bottles here. Might it be the way they're sitting on the grids? I put my grids together the wrong way round (and then was too lazy to fix it) so I ended up securing the bottles in place with three cable ties - one at either side at the spring clip, and then one around the bottle spout itself. It stopped the excess movement which would cause a bit of leaking.
That would explain a lot if there’s a wrong way to put the grids on! Haha! I’ll see what I can do, it’s a glass one at the moment, held on by a clip and a stand. Worst comes to the worst, can always donate a little low dish or plate to sit underneath to catch the water!

I don't have the grids with squares, I have these, which work great if you have them as the image shows. I have them rotated 90°, so the spring clips just slide about the place unless something anchors them in, even with the stand involved.

I think it's the angle of the bottles if the bottles are on the outside of the grids with the spout poked through. I have some of the wire cradles like the ones that come with the glass bottles. With these hooked on the inside of the cage the bottles are upright and don't drip. I have a mixture of the Living World glass bottles and the Crystal plastic ones. I got my extra wire holders from ebay years ago, I don't know if they still do them.

Back