C And C Cage Height And Fleece Liners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loobyg83

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi folks, pricing up fleece so I can make liners the second the enclosure when arrives.... Anyone bought from C and C Guinea Pig Cages | Guinea Pig Cages who can tell me how high they make their correx?! Want to be able to wrap the fleece over the top, both to prevent burrowing and for the prettiness factor! planning a layer of fleece with an old towel sewn to the back, will this be sufficient? Once I clock which are the heavy use areas I will probably sew extra to those areas....

Thanks in advance :)

:D Yes, I bought my C and C from them. The Correx is six inches high. If you want to stop the piggies from chewing the Correx, I recommend slide binders! I find it easier to put down extra loose towels under the fleece in heavy wee areas. Then I can just wash the towels and don't need to wash the whole fleece.

Personally I don't use towels underneath as I found they stay soggy so I use a mattress cover (Not the plastic sort) which I cut to shape the cage & pop that in loose, then put the fleece on top. Under the mattress cover (Has to be a cotton quilted type really) I place either puppy pads or I get the sheets form Poundland for babies cots that wick away the wee so that usually keeps the fleece dry :)

Good luck. A new set-up is always exciting. You will find out by trial and error what works best for you and your piggies. A couple of cat litter trays lined with newspaper and filled with hay can encourage some piggies to wee mostly in there(some hay wastage happens, but you can expect that whenever hay is on floor level!). I like fleece for the comfort and warmth underfoot, but it can be labour-intensive. It does however dry very quickly after washing! I found as long as my foster piggies had lots to do in their pen they never tried burrowing under it at all, or nibbling the correx - or maybe I just had very well behaved piggies:tu:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back