Burgess pellets change

AidaB

Forum Donator 2024/25
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed the Burgess pellets seem to be slightly different?

The new bag of burgess pellets we got at the weekend was not resealable- emptying out the old bag to put new pellets in & noticed they are not quite the same.
Read the ingredients/composition & they seem to have changed slightly.
I have mixed the end of the old bag with some of the new & guess we wait and see what the boys think!
(Also picked up a bag of science selective grain free to try too.)

Found myself sitting at the top of our stairs as far from piggies as possible to avoid pellet noise. 🤣

Photo of the new & old burgess pellets mixed together. New ones are lighter.
19540565-3C85-4EE1-B33A-192F8C5937E3.webp

Has anyone else noticed the Burgess pellets seem to be slightly different?

The new bag of burgess pellets we got at the weekend was not resealable- emptying out the old bag to put new pellets in & noticed they are not quite the same.
Read the ingredients/composition & they seem to have changed slightly.
I have mixed the end of the old bag with some of the new & guess we wait and see what the boys think!
(Also picked up a bag of science selective grain free to try too.)

Found myself sitting at the top of our stairs as far from piggies as possible to avoid pellet noise. 🤣

Photo of the new & old burgess pellets mixed together. New ones are lighter.
View attachment 211455
I believe they have changed them, are they the mint ones? I use the blackcurrant and all my bags have been the same but not resealable

We use the mint ones. Our Guinea pigs have now been with us coming up to 2 years. They are the same ones the rescue used.

We use SS grain free, they seem to be something most piggies agree are palatable/good- all the flavoured pellets we ever tried are like marmite, some piggies would eat a kilo while some won't even touch any veg on the same plate lol!

Back