Burgess dual care

eileen

Forum Donator 2024/25
Reaction score
I'm syringing a piggie full time at present,but using science recovery plus feed,but it's costing £100 a month !
I've seen dual care burgess on amazon,its much more affordable.just wondered what other members thought of this feed.

Some of mine have loved it. It was the only one Rusty would willingly take. Viovet sometimes have it on half price, worth checking, I haven't looked recently! I like it, it's a better price and if you have any left when the piggies are better you can feed it as pellets so there's no wastage if it goes out of date.

Mine usually love it, I recently bought a new box though and they've changed them by the looks of it and they're less keen. They still smell similar to me though, but they're less dark. I usually offer a bowl of them soaked to the oldies and the lethal whites from time to time, the bowls haven't been emptied like normal but they're not completely avoiding them.

If it helps, I recently switched from oxbow critical care to Emeraid sustain, you can get a 400g bag for about £20, almost half the price of oxbow big bag!

Thanks for your comments.i will try them as only £9.00 for a full box on amazon.ill buy some emeraid sustain as well.i tried to mush normal pellets but I didn't get on with it.

Just check the use by date. I bought some from Viovet and it had less than a month left. I asked Viovet to make this clear on their website for short dated products. I like that it is in individual packets (bad for the planet but no waste). It was the only recovery food I could get my RB piggie to eat without a struggle after trying all the others 😬

They usually do say if short date is the reason their products are reduced. I use them for a lot of piggie products as their website is easy to use. I have given up half way through a purchase on many! I like the individual packets as well, once you've opened a lot of the other's you end up throwing half the bag away because you didn't need to syringe feed anymore. I only ever had 1 piggy that would eat the mix from a bowl and he is no longer with us to finish leftover product.

Back