Bunny Hopping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayneG

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello all. My young pig, Sid, seems to hop from his back legs. They're long too and seem quite raised up, whereas my other pigs just run normally. Has anyone else seen this? I hope this doesn't mean there's something wrong with him. It's like he's got a bunny butt!

Can you post a pigture of him please? How old is he? Where did you get him? If you can't post a pigture can you describe him- coat type, colour etc- everyhting :)

I don't have a good one of him that would show it, will take one later when I'm home. He's quite different to my other two pigs. He has a pointier nose and is sleeker. I call him Ratty as he seems more rat like to me!

The pigture doesn't have to show him doing it just get a side on view of him, or even a good pigture of him :) What do you mean by sleek/? His hair type or build? :)

Here you go guys. Maybe it's just me because he's different to my others. But he's very long and seems to have big back legs and a pointier face. When he walks, his back legs seem very big and long!
sid008.jpg
[/img]
sid007.jpg
[/img]
sid008.jpg
[/img]

and yes his toes have been clipped!

He back legs seem pretty normal to me, but I see what you mean about the head shape!

Oh well that's good if he looks normal! He just seems rather rat like. He's very long and sleek, not chubby and rounded like my others!

Where did you get him from? From what ive seen that kinda 'look' points to either bad breeding or inbreeding somewhere along the lines :) I cant see anything wrong with his legs though :-\ O0

Our Smudge looks more ratty, she's long and sleek . . .

his legs look fine to me . . .

A video of him hopping would be O0 O0 :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :o :o ;D :D ;) :)

:) His legs look fine. Some of them stand with part of their foot of the ground.

He came from a pet shop (I know, I know). He was on his own and had been there a while, I couldn't help it! It doesn't seem to worry him so that is the main thing. I think he may have been the runt of the litter, bless.

Has he always done it? or has he just started?

What do you feed him on?

Sometimes bunny-hopping can be a symptom of vitamin C deficiency. I'd pop him to the vet just to be on the safe side.

My George is quite pointy faced too, hadn't really noticed until I got baby Henry who is a much more traditional shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back