• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Bump

Opiggy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
While I was snuggling my piggy I noticed a small bum behind his ear I took a look it was in the hairless spot right behind his ear it’s not big it just looks like a little mole. Is this anything I need to worry about?

I know nothing about guinea pig health, but that bump looks suspicious to me. I'd recommend getting it checked out by a vet if you're concerned.
@Piggies&buns is a knowledgeable member, maybe she can help identify this mystery bump.

Lumps and bumps can be a multitude of things - harmless fatty lumps, cysts or abscesses being the most common and are rather unidentifiable without a hands on check. Vets check for things like how it feels and it’s mobility (ie whether it’s attached) - all things we can’t do.

The best thing is to always see a vet for any lump which concerns you, particularly see a vet promptly if the lump grows rapidly

Back