• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Bumblefoot ?

benjerrynobu

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi there I have three guinea pigs. Ben and Jerry are almost two years old and I have an almost 6 month named Nobu. I have never dealt with bumblefoot before, so I’m not sure if Nobu has it. All the pictures I look up shows red and scabbed feet his just look like bumps? I am adding a picture for reference. I know the best thing would do is obviously just bring him to the vet, but maybe I am just overthinking and that’s how piggies feet look? I have noticed though he always drags his two legs behind him in his cage or on my bed when we cuddle. During play time though he uses all four and can run. Not sure please let me know what you think. Thank you and love from me and the pigs!

Edit: I cant seem to add a photo on here can anyone help

Hi are you new to the forum? I think sometimes it can take a while to be allowed to add photos else usually there is an attach file button to use to the bottom left 🤔

Welcome to the forum

Your registration on the forum should be complete now so you should be able to find the attach files button just below the message box to be able to add a picture.

Bumblefoot is open wounds and sores on the foot pad.

Are all of them boars and do they all live together in the same cage?
If so then do note that a boar trio is highly unstable and usually doesn’t work long term. Ensure you have a separation plan in mind particularly given Nobu is coming up to hormone spikes.

Welcome to the forum. When you say he drags his back legs during cuddle time is it like Dignified Sir George is demonstrating below? If yes, then he is utterly relaxed. 20240904_203811.webp

Back