Bum wiggling.

Jenni85

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
I don't know if it's just something she just does but Willow (smaller of the two but seems to be the boss) kind of moves from one foot to the other on her hind legs and wiggles her bottom. Is this a dominance/behaviour thing?

I don't know if it's just something she just does but Willow (smaller of the two but seems to be the boss) kind of moves from one foot to the other on her hind legs and wiggles her bottom. Is this a dominance/behaviour thing?
Hi

Rumble-strutting in sows is generally dominance behaviour; it is a lot more nuanced with different applications in boars.

You may find our Behaviours A-Z helpful for identifying behaviours: A - Z of Guinea Pig Behaviours
Here is more in-depth information on dominance behaviours in sows: Sows: Behaviour and female health problems (including ovarian cysts)

Hi

Rumble-strutting in sows is generally dominance behaviour; it is a lot more nuanced with different applications in boars.

You may find our Behaviours A-Z helpful for identifying behaviours: A - Z of Guinea Pig Behaviours
Here is more in-depth information on dominance behaviours in sows: Sows: Behaviour and female health problems (including ovarian cysts)
Thank you. That was helpful. I can't figure out who the dominant sow is. Willow when it comes to food but Blossom when it comes to the hidey. I've put a 2nd hidey in but Willow just wants to go into the same one as Blossom.

Thank you. That was helpful. I can't figure out who the dominant sow is. Willow when it comes to food but Blossom when it comes to the hidey. I've put a 2nd hidey in but Willow just wants to go into the same one as Blossom.

As long as the hideys have two exits, you are fine. It is more likely that Willow is coming into season.
If you cannot make it out, then it means that it is not so important to the girls that it needs lots of drama. Be glad! :)

I love a good bum wiggler. My RB Piggy Silver Fox Christian was always bum wiggling but his wifelets just ignored him!
It is cute to look at. Blossom isn't bothered by it she just carries on doing what she's doing. I can't tell who is the dominant one, Blossom when it comes to the hidey but Willow when it comes to food. They've got me on my toes 😂

Back