Bum Wiggling And Popcorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria71

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi I am a little confused about what bum wiggling means with my piggies . It the non dominate one doing it , not all the time just sometimes what does this mean ?

When they do their little popcorns is it normal for them to look like they are having a fit ?

Hi I am a little confused about what bum wiggling means with my piggies . It the non dominate one doing it , not all the time just sometimes what does this mean ?

When they do their little popcorns is it normal for them to look like they are having a fit ?

Rumblestrutting is the mildest form of dominance; it is usually accompanied by shifting the weight from one back leg to the other (your bum wiggling). All piggies do it, but sows generally only when they are in season whereas boys often do it lots.

My new young "husboar" (neutered) Gethin is regularly riding his inner Harley Davidson to not just impress his much adored lady love, but also to tell they other husboars that he is the new kid on the block (I call that a "boar Haka" when they measure up to each other), but also to flirt with the sows in the other groups during his or their roaming time... :)

Each guinea pig has their own popcorning style, but it can look like having fits. ;)

Illustrated Bonding Behaviours And Dynamics

I had a boar (sadly lost him the other week) who would rumble me and my son if we stroked a certain area down his back, he'd also let a stink off :vom: lol.

LOL yeah I've got one that looks like he's shaking his head like an horse when he popcorns :) So cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back