Bum Bath.... How Often?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessmacg

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have four long haired piggies and to their displeasure they get groomed regularly and keep all of their fur around their bums quite short. Three of them are quite clean pigs who after a brush and maybe a quick wipe are good to go. However Wilma is particularly messier than the rest and she gets dirty again very quickly. How often can I give them a bum bath because at this rate I need to give her one every other week? Or is that normal?

Thanks

hi , it's normal to bath your guinea pig every other week . if she Is getting messy then yes you have to it all depends on the guinea pig and the environment . it's up to you how often you bath her or ( 'bum bath') my guinea is short haired and doesn't usually smell so I proberbly bath him every two months. if its only her bum that's getting messy then I would personally go and buy some sensitive wet wipes it might be easier . I'm only speaking from experience from my other guinea pig So I'm no expert but hope it helped a little :)

Thanks,
I have wet wipes but they just don't seem to do the trick plus funnily enough they seem a bit more calmer when they have a bath they tend to kick and spin when I try to give them a wipe :)

We rarely bathed our long haired piggy just as needed and then only a bum baff if she was particularity messy, key is to keep the bum fur very short as you are doing.

Some piggies are more messy than others unfortunately :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back