Bullying?

• Thread starter Thread starter animal_lover
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

animal_lover

Hi All,
I have a female adult guinea pig which has recently been introduced to my 10 week old female babies. Recently I have noticed her dominating everything they do I know this is normal as there is always and alpha but she controls what they do when they eat and she won't let them in my recent purchase the 'guinea pig igloo'. She chases them out and they all squeel!
I am worried for the young piggies well-beeing!
HEEEELLLPPPP!! :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

i went through exactly the same last weekend when introducing clover to poppy, it is tempting to intervene is'nt it?. poppy would not let clover near the food so i resorted to sneaking food under the bed near to clover. if you can why not try two drink bottles and bowls as the dominant oig can't watch them both all the time. Where as yours wont let the pigs in the bed, poppy lay infront of the bed door so that clover could not get out. So it does sound pretty normal just bear with it and i'm sure everything will turn out fine.

I think its a good idea to get two food bowls and water bottles but you can always just make a big cushion of hay as a makeshift bed so that she is still comfy while she sleeps. hope this all gets better as they get older! O0

I agree two of everything is better this helped when i introduced a boar to my boar archie - unfortunately he died :'(

they tend not to be so controlling and posessive over their food etc- good luck ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back