Building Work, Will They Mind The Noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittyla

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm having my kitchen rebuilt & my 2 piggies have been moved into the adjoining
conservatory. Tomorrow there's going to be some VERY noisy work going on - brick cutting
and knocking through walls - I wont be able to move the cage into anywhere quieter, I
could cover it with a duvet of something to muffle the noise, or I could put them in a
travel box in a bedroom for a few hours. Can anyone advise me how well guineapigs
cope with this sort of thing? Could they get shocked if I don't protect them?

I would get them as far away from the noise as possible.Wouldn't want to risk it

They have very sensitive hearing so I would get them as far away as possible and do anything to block out the noise. How exciting for you, though -new kitchen :D

The other problem with keeping them in the conservatory is that conservatories can get quite hot in the daytime - we are starting to get some sunny days now.

Thanks for the replies, I've decided to put them in the loft extension for the day - about as far away as they can get in the house. I've
remembered I have a little fold-out wire pen somewhere they could use for today.

That sounds like the best option.
and
Good luck with your building work - it sounds like you are getting your dream kitchen. We had our kitchen rebuilt a few years ago. It cleaned us out financially but it was well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back