Building indoor housing - ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfie

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
As I now have 5 piggies, the cages are taking over.
I would love to have some housing built, so the piggies could be stacked above each other.
The design would have storage for food and toys too.
So three large piggie dens and storage.

Has anyone done this?
Or maybe some of you have a good idea.
It must be safe, easy to clean and access.

What about C&C? Fiona (Lavander Jade) and Emma (GPQ) have a large C&C which is stacked up. :)

I thought of that Louise O0, I wonder if they would post me a piccy so I can get ideas. How could I do it 3 high?
I want to give my babies more room.

I also though, old kitchen units, fixed together with mesh doors on the guinea pig dens and a second layer
with a ramp.

I am no designer, please post any pics or ideas you have.

Why dont you have a 5'x2'x6' (LxDxH) and have 3 5'x2'x2' cages with mesh fronts.

Then, for storage you can build shelving on the sides. So the entire unit would be about 7'x2'x6'. 5' for the cage length, then 1' each side for storage. It would look really good if you did it well. If you are a shorter person, then you jsut make the height different. (No offence meant)

I would say with c & c`s for stability, 2 high is all I would go. But I came across a website a while back with some great ideas for guinea pig flats, I will see if I can find it and post it here. Also, look at Peter Gurneys website, his pens were amazing and he had pairs of boars above the large pen and theirs was somehow fixed to the wall :)

Edit to add link: http://lispet.de/hp/randy.htm

Those are great O0

No offense taken Tom_cat. I am just hort of 5`8".

Fiona, going to check out that link now. Thanks. O0

i would have had a go at designing something as this is the kind of thing i do on my course, but I'm so short on time at the min i dont have time to have a go :(

Or, another thing you could do, is make 45" high and then what ever other sizes you want. That means 15" high per cage.

You could have storage one side, and a cd rack the other side.

That site has some brill cages on it.
I am starting to get some good ideas.
The storage is for piggy bits, cuddle cups, food etc.
I am going to get someone to build it, as I am useless at DIY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back