Building C&C cages for 2 pairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jane

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well, I was wondering if anyone has any ideas how I could extend my C&C cage (2x4) to maybe a 2 level so that it could have 2 pairs living seperately, but with enough access to get into the bottom cage. Any ideas? I hope that makes sense lol. I've been looking at pics on the C&C cages website but still stuck for ideas.

Jane

(PS. Nope, my parents don't know my plans yet XD)

ive found some grids in screwfix ,theyre like the cube storage system thingy.is that the ones? if so how long/wide is each grid as ive had an idea for some blocks I'm altering

Thanks honeycup, that's not quite what I mean though if I'm looking at the site correctly. I want two totally seperate cages, no ramp inbetween etc for two seperate pairs, but with enough room to get into the bottom and it to be stable. Thanks though ;)

Sars1359 said:
ive found some grids in screwfix ,theyre like the cube storage system thingy.is that the ones? if so how long/wide is each grid as ive had an idea for some blocks I'm altering

I'm not sure what you mean lol.. are you saying how big are the grids from screwfix direct? ie. these http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=100750&ts=28490&id=43900 ? If that is what you mean, I'm um, not sure how big they are, but they're the same size as the ones from Argos.. I'll measure later for you if that's what you mean.

yup hun those are the ones on the link,theyve got them in nottingham screwfix and i wanna go get them tomm

basically i need something to cover 30 inches long ( as in maybe put two together ) and 12 inches high x 4 levels if you get me?

Sars1359 said:
yup hun those are the ones on the link,theyve got them in nottingham screwfix and i wanna go get them tomm

basically i need something to cover 30 inches long ( as in maybe put two together ) and 12 inches high x 4 levels if you get me?

I just measured and I think theyre about 14 inches square (I think- using a 6inch ruler is hard! :P)

Argos aren't selling them anymore because they're a 'seasonal' item.. however I saw an advert on the TV earlier saying they had a new catologue coming out tomorrow (I think) , so you never know! ;)

edit: on the website, it gives the measurements as 'W x H x D: 740 x 740 x 360mm' Well, 360mm = 36cm, and according to a conversion site, 36cm = 14.2 inches. So I'd say they're 14 inches I guess.

The one in my bedroom is 4 grids by 2 and I have a pair on each level (built the extra level not that long ago). My camera batteries just died but when I have recharged them I will take some photos so you can see how I done it 8)

ok got some grids from screwfix this morning,they have loads in if anyone wants them

sgprescue said:
The one in my bedroom is 4 grids by 2 and I have a pair on each level (built the extra level not that long ago). My camera batteries just died but when I have recharged them I will take some photos so you can see how I done it 8)

Thanks, i would love photos when you can get them :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back