building a c&c cage

• Thread starter Thread starter dawn82
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dawn82

hi everyone, i am going to build a c&c cage for my female guineas. at the moment they are living inside but i have no space for the big cage inside. i have a shed in the garden that has a bit of junk in it but i'm going to clean it out and build a c&c cage for them in the shed so they can have loads of space. so can i get the grids from b&q or wilkinsons? also my shed has carpet in it so do i need to use the corrogated plastic or can i just use some hard material to cover the carpet? this might sound like a stupid thread but i just want to give them the largest space i can :)

Some people say they've found grids in B&Q but I've never been successful looking there - screwfix do sell them though? You don't need to use correx if you don't want to - but you do need something to protect the carpet - how about a sheet of lino? If you buy the off cuts they're really cheap usually.

I managed to get hold of 2 packs of the cubes from a B&Q earlier this week: for £9.99 you get a 6 cube system that includes 24 cubes (14.5x14.5x14.5") & 28 connectors. WARNING - they are deceptively heavy, my arms are still aching from carrying them home. Supposedly you can go into your local B&Q with the barcode and order them in (though considering I had already found stock in a store by the time I got this reply, I'm not sure how convinced I am by this):
Thank you for emailing B&Q.

Actually no store stocks this item 5015772193169. This item can be ordered through your local store though. Please visit your local store and ask for an order to be placed . The staff there will be in the position to do this for you.
Please find your local store using our web site www.diy.com under the store finder option.

Regards,
Joseph Carvalho
B&Q Customer Services Department

Erinath said:
I managed to get hold of 2 packs of the cubes from a B&Q earlier this week: for £9.99 you get a 6 cube system that includes 24 cubes (14.5x14.5x14.5") & 28 connectors. WARNING - they are deceptively heavy, my arms are still aching from carrying them home. Supposedly you can go into your local B&Q with the barcode and order them in (though considering I had already found stock in a store by the time I got this reply, I'm not sure how convinced I am by this):
Thank you for emailing B&Q.

Actually no store stocks this item 5015772193169. This item can be ordered through your local store though. Please visit your local store and ask for an order to be placed . The staff there will be in the position to do this for you.
Please find your local store using our web site www.diy.com under the store finder option.

Regards,
Joseph Carvalho
B&Q Customer Services Department

Wow that's cheap - I got 4 cubes for £20 from Screwfix. Guess who wants to visit B&Q now ;D

I managed to find them in stock in this B&Q:
Junction One Retail Park
Beeston Ring Road
Beeston
Leeds
WEST YORKSHIRE
LS11 0BD
Phone: 0113 3858100

They are the ones with 1.5" squares to the mesh

cubes.jpg

i searched everywhere for cubes in Peterborough but couldnt find any.

i asked at my local B&Q who said they sell them at their large warehouse stores, they wouldnt order me any in to my store as they were relocating the store.

i ended up ordering mine from screwfix online

all the best with your C & C they are great for the guinea pigs

OH that is so annoying! If I had known I could get them from B&Q I would have. I live in the UK but right now I'm in Houston, TX so I buy them from Bed, Bath & Beyond (saw them reccomended on guineapigcages.com) and then haul them back in my suitcase. Works out at about 7 quid per pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back