Brushing And Trimming?

Antonio R.

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh my god, I just found out I'll have to brush and trim my peruvian piggies. I didn't know that...
These little guys are getting harder to raise than my daughter, lol.
Oh well, guess I'll need to buy a new comb and a new pair of scissors.

IMG_20170626_161534729.webp

I hardly ever brush my longhaired piggies... and I have never trimmed them (only some long hair on one butt, but I made a disaster!).
Once a month I give them a bath... anyway their fur has no knots (only Calliope, 3 colours, has some knot under the belly sometimes)
100_6888.webp

I hardly ever brush my longhaired piggies... and I have never trimmed them (only some long hair on one butt, but I made a disaster!).
Once a month I give them a bath... anyway their fur has no knots (only Calliope, 3 colours, has some knot under the belly sometimes)
View attachment 65881
So pretty x

I brush Jingle whenever she has lap time. About 5 times a week. I use a soft brush and trim her fur round her bottom.

Mistletoe gets regular fringe trims so that she can see out. Both have occasional baths (just their wet skirts).

Jingle

5a49si.jpg

Mistletoe

2u8i9w8.jpg

I just found out there are two kinds of Peruvian piggies: short and long haired. And according to the pictures I've seen, I think I have the short haired. So, thankful, no trimming for my girls, lol.

I brush Jingle whenever she has lap time. About 5 times a week. I use a soft brush and trim her fur round her bottom.

Mistletoe gets regular fringe trims so that she can see out. Both have occasional baths (just their wet skirts).

Jingle

5a49si.jpg

Mistletoe

2u8i9w8.jpg
I also trimmed Calliope's fringe, but my daughters say I did an awful job... :soz:
100_6907.webp

I just found out there are two kinds of Peruvian piggies: short and long haired. And according to the pictures I've seen, I think I have the short haired. So, thankful, no trimming for my girls, lol.
actually our piggies are usually crossed with abyssinians and other breeds; therefore they can have different hair. My Calipso (white and brown) came home with a paper from the first vet who certificated she is abyssinian; she had a short hair and many rosettes; now her hair is long; but her face has an abyssinian trait. Calliope has long different hair; also her hair structure is different at the touch... she does not like being brushed... If your girls are young I think their hair will grow :nod:

Back