Brushes For Fur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnt_Toast

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello! I'm probably being incredibly dim here, but bear with me - What type of brushes do you use to groom your short hair pigs, if at all?

I don't have pigs at the moment but I'm getting things together so I'm fully prepared before I approach a rescue. I used to have short hairs a numbers of years ago, but don't really remember what sort of brush I used on them!

Thanking you in advance :)
Laura x

I never groom our short haired piggies, if I did i think i would get the stink eye from them. We occasionally have to brush Vimto our abby/peru cross piggie as she has long hair and it can get a bit messy bum end :)) Don't worry about grooming short haired pigs they may occasionally need a bum baff but that should be about it :)

You have an amazing rescue by you Walsall RSPCA, we have had all our rescue piggies from there and do some voluntary work for them when we have spare time. They are an amazing branch and have lots of stunning piggies looking for homes at moment.

Thanks for responses :)

That's probably why I couldn't remember - because I didn't use anything! I'll leave it for now and when
I do get pigs, I'll re-assess :hmm:

@sport_billy - I have been keeping my eye on the Guinea pig rehome website as Walsall post there. I shouldn't as I'm no where near ready! I'm waiting for my grids to arrive and although I have my correx bit, I have made it up yet! Arghh!

Thanks for responses :)

That's probably why I couldn't remember - because I didn't use anything! I'll leave it for now and when
I do get pigs, I'll re-assess :hmm:

@sport_billy - I have been keeping my eye on the Guinea pig rehome website as Walsall post there. I shouldn't as I'm no where near ready! I'm waiting for my grids to arrive and although I have my correx bit, I have made it up yet! Arghh!

:)) Becky and Vicky also post there piggies on here too. I hope those grids arrive soon! Keep us updated on your pig search... You after girls or boys?

I don't mind gender or age but would prefer a bonded pair, saves me the work :)

I have only ever had girls in the past but wouldn't mind trying boys, especially as boys seem less popular.

I use the 'Options Mini Grooming Kit' too!

My boys are short haired too, but they love a little grooming every now and again.. I just groom them extremely lightly!:)

i use a soft brush, like with very soft bristles, mine love it, and will come up for brushes. and they are both short hair

You can get those soft sheep skin mitts that are nice from grooming short haired critters, helps that to get all the dirt out of their coat ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back