Brothers fighting

• Thread starter Thread starter heavenlypiggies
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

heavenlypiggies

Hi! I have two sets of guinea pigs who are brothers-Jasper and Carrotts are around 2 years old and they seem to adore each other and get on fine. Oscar and Percy are only about 10 months old and I have had to seperate them because of their constant fighting.

They were fine until last week when Percy turned on Oscar and started bighting his back, chattering his teeth, standing tall and chasing him. I don't understand why this has happened and feel really sad now that they have to live alone. I guess that Percy decided he wanted to be the boss, and maybe he is reaching the age at which he turns into a proper boar. Any one have any advice? Please help! :'(

Hi
I had the same problem. I have 8 boars in pairs most of them brothers, one pair is daddy (of 5 of the others) plus son.
All have been fine, sorted out their dominances, except one pair of brothers. They'd been outside in the run and I had to bring them in because of the rain. We were due to go on holiday so I put them in the kitchen to guage the reaction of the cats (absolutely no problem there - cats are interested but frightened of them!) The following day I brought the rest of the cages downstairs including the girls, who I put at the opposite end of the room. All was fine for a while until I came to clean them out. They were grumbling at each other then one bit me hard (I had to go for a tetanus) they started fighting as if to the death. I managed to separate them and they've been in separate cages ever since, although right next to each other. I've tried introducing them again, during floor time they're fine (more intersted in what's around than each other!) As soon as I try them in a cage together the teeth start going and they fight. It's a shame because they seem to kiss each other between the bars!
I think it's just a case of patience and perserverence. I've taken the girls from the scene now, they're in a different room. I think it was all down to them smelling girls for the first time in a while. I'm sure they'll be friends again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back