Broken water bottle?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 151640
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 151640

My 6 pigs are all on water bottles as they don’t use a water bowl or just fill it with their poop so they’ve been on water bottles their whole life.

About a day ago i took their water bottle to fill up as normal but gave it a wash out with warm water and since then the water bottle has been letting out little to no water.

By that i mean 12 hours after i changed it the water was at the same height and when i pressed the little metal ball to see the issue it was more in the spout than normally it is out, leaving no vacuum for water to come out and when i pressed it as if i was a pig no water would come out. I squeezed the bottle as i would do normally and for a minute or two it was working again but then it would revert to the metal ball being more in the nozzle than vacuumed ready to release water.

I do have to add i have many of these bottles so switched the lids and it was doing the same thing. Which makes me assume i’m being silly and that that is how their bottles work normally but it can’t be as the water is never at the same level after that significant of time gap. I often have issues having to prime the bottle by squeezing everytime i come past as when i press the ball nothing comes out after a few hours but i’ve also read that’s how it’s supposed to work as i know guinea pigs have a very little amount of water at a time.

I watched one of my boys drink and no air bubbles came up the whole time which i usually take as calmness for myself that i know water is being let out.

Anyway it’s been a little more than 24 hours since then and the waters doing the same thing hardly moving after i filled it 12 hours ago from now. The boys got a couple bits of extra cucumber just in case.

From me saying that i changed the nozzle to one from another bottle and it works the same, makes me think i’m just being nervous but something feels off so i just wanted to check. I also cleaned the nozzle with cotton buds incase the was the issue but i found it wasn’t. Just the fact that their was so much left after such a long time and when i pressed it in a guinea pig like matter i got no water droplets, maybe one if i pulled the bottle nib a bit.

Also i have tried a full bottle, a little bit full, full with no bubbles, mostly full. They all release the same amount, nothing or little to nothing

I might be having a case of anxious mum but it’s turning into really anxious mum and it’s better to be safe than sorry.

My 6 pigs are all on water bottles as they don’t use a water bowl or just fill it with their poop so they’ve been on water bottles their whole life.

About a day ago i took their water bottle to fill up as normal but gave it a wash out with warm water and since then the water bottle has been letting out little to no water.

By that i mean 12 hours after i changed it the water was at the same height and when i pressed the little metal ball to see the issue it was more in the spout than normally it is out, leaving no vacuum for water to come out and when i pressed it as if i was a pig no water would come out. I squeezed the bottle as i would do normally and for a minute or two it was working again but then it would revert to the metal ball being more in the nozzle than vacuumed ready to release water.

I do have to add i have many of these bottles so switched the lids and it was doing the same thing. Which makes me assume i’m being silly and that that is how their bottles work normally but it can’t be as the water is never at the same level after that significant of time gap. I often have issues having to prime the bottle by squeezing everytime i come past as when i press the ball nothing comes out after a few hours but i’ve also read that’s how it’s supposed to work as i know guinea pigs have a very little amount of water at a time.

I watched one of my boys drink and no air bubbles came up the whole time which i usually take as calmness for myself that i know water is being let out.

Anyway it’s been a little more than 24 hours since then and the waters doing the same thing hardly moving after i filled it 12 hours ago from now. The boys got a couple bits of extra cucumber just in case.

From me saying that i changed the nozzle to one from another bottle and it works the same, makes me think i’m just being nervous but something feels off so i just wanted to check. I also cleaned the nozzle with cotton buds incase the was the issue but i found it wasn’t. Just the fact that their was so much left after such a long time and when i pressed it in a guinea pig like matter i got no water droplets, maybe one if i pulled the bottle nib a bit.

Also i have tried a full bottle, a little bit full, full with no bubbles, mostly full. They all release the same amount, nothing or little to nothing

I might be having a case of anxious mum but it’s turning into really anxious mum and it’s better to be safe than sorry.
I forgot to add, when i say it’s in the nozzle i mean the little ball feels more loose than primed ready to release water, meaning when pushed on is letting out little to no water. And with the amount of water that would be pushing on it how is it going back into the bottle instead of sitting pushed and vacuumed ready to release water.

I use the plastic water bottles with the spout.
When my boys drink from them little air bubbles are released which I thought meant they were working.
I test them each night when I change the water and it does the same

Back