• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

broken tooth...

• Thread starter Thread starter baby-wilson
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

baby-wilson

I just got Wilson out for a cuddle and looked in her mouth and i think she has broken her tooth! It isn't straight with the other one it is like on an angle and wobbly! Her teeth are usually straight together... mum looked at it and said nothing was wrong but i know its hurt. My first piggie broke both her teeth and had them both pulled once and she was fine. She keeps playing with it and moving it i think i can hear it. So what does everyone suggest? Vets or let it fall out by its self? Thankyou!

Personally i'd wait and see. Mine have broken teeth before, they never caused a problem with mine.

Keep an eye on it, go to vets if she has a problem, don't wait too long.
Remember they do grow back but it could cause problems with her eating, so if this does become a problem go to the vet to get them trimmed down
Poor little munchkin :-* :-*

yer i will be making sure to feed her finely chopped food for now so it doesnt hurt it more.

Tonni broke his teeth a while back and they were uneven, he then kept on grinding them and they evened out, but now grow back so fast that he has them trimmed every six weeks! :)

I'm sure Wilson will be fine, but just keep an eye on her :)

I'm taking wilson to get him/her sexed lol to make sure! I might get the vet just to look at them and see what he says. Thanks everyone!
B.T.W it has snapped all the way off now dont kno what happened to it though lol!

Thanks again!

Loose teeth, broken teeth...can sometimes be the result of a poor calcium intake. What kind of dry guinea mix do you feed? If your guinea selectively feeds, picking out what he likes and leaving the rest...as some do ::)
He might be missing out on nutrients. It's possible worth considering a one like Burgess Excel (I think that is the right name?)
Where all the nuggets look the same and have the same value nutritionally.
Hope she is okay :)

Barbara

I would just give the vets a ring and ask for advice, even if you just took your gp to the vets for a check up. It would put your mind at rest.

We went to the vet a few days ago and wilson is definaly a boy... lol and his tooth has already grown back nearly all the way! Thanks!

lol merry's a wild pig and has lost his teeth at least once ;D
it was hard to see him suffer tho :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back