• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Broken foot/toes - help ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Fuzzy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fuzzy

I had Brandy out on floor time on thursday night and she was happily enjoying herself. She was fine when i put her back in the cage until friday morning. I woke up to find her limping on her left front leg. I dont know what has happened during the night :-\ When she walks she kind of hops and holds her foot up then she slumps down in the hay. She seems to be able to put weight on to it when she wants to.. it just seems to be the toes. They seem dead and she cant move them. It's hard to describe :-\ Really floppy with no grasp like the other little foot. I've checked the foot pad underneath but she hasnt got anything stuck in it. She's still eating well and doesnt seem to be in pain. Even when i massaged the joints she was fine about it. I just cant stand to see her limping around. What could the vet do about a broken foot or toes? Whatever it is! a sprained foot? I havent a clue. I'm most sure it's the toes though. Would they heal themselves? Any advice would be great. Thanks
:'(​

It may be the same as what Ton did - does he bite his nails?

Ton does this and he pulled a nail too far leading to an infection in his foot :( His toes and leg as you described

I'm not sure. She doesnt bite her front claws often and there isnt an infection there. Anyway, yesterday she seemed to be able to put more weight onto it. Maybe she had sprained it somehow. I hoping it'll clear up by itself. I'm just letting her have lots of rest and no floor time for a couple of days until i know it's ok. I'm not gonna hold her either in case i upset it. I hope it sorts itself out. :-\

AWWW! poor little baby! Don't know what it is just wanted to say i hope you get it sorted and that your little baby will be better and runing around like normal again! sending healing thoughts + love+kisses to Brandy... :smitten: :-* :smitten: :-* :smitten: :-*

Aww thanks :) Yep. All is fine now! She's running about as if nothing had happened ;D

awww good O0

dixie was like this during her pregnancy i dunno if one of the pups were led on a nerve but she could walk around on it then suddenly the next day she couldnt walk on it, didnt squeak when i massaged it so it didnt appear broken..after she had the pups it went and shes fine again now :)

awww! Why do they make us worry soooo much! I start to panic if i find the slightest thing wrong. Even if my pigs squint or wink i think it's an eye infection! Silly little fur balls. Dixie is a lovely name for a piggle! Wish i'd thought of that ;D

thank you, i always pick names i think nobody else might have lol ive got Lois, Morgan, Dixie, Lola ( i know theres a few of them but still!) Meeka and the boys are shakey and duke, although quite a few ppl have duke..ive never met anyone with a lois before though :D they were my sisters before i bought them of her, she lost interest and they became mine at one year old, now 5 1/2 time flies!

Hi Eveyoe

This happened to beni last night, i went to give him his veggies and noticed that he was limping and stumped in the hay. he can only put weight on it for a little bit. I have looked and there doesn't seem to be an infection but he has a extra toe and I'm wondering if it could be this, is there anything else i can do?

luv
Claire
xx

Claire, Is the toe firmly attached?,It may have caught on something and be loose which would make mobility difficult.
This condition is called polydactyly and is not uncommon.If the extra toe is not firmly attached,a vet should be able to remove it easily.

Hiya

Yeah the toe is attatched still and he seems to be better today, he is putting weight on his foot and is more chirpy :)

Good news,he probably just bruised his foot on something. He should be o.k.now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back