• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Brittle nails

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all, i had everyone out to do their nails yesterday and i've noticed Bumble has very brittle nails, she broke one off when we first got her and it bled a bit so i left that one for their first trim and since then she's broken another 3, 2 on her back feet and one on her front. Any ideas why they keep breaking? Bee is her sister and hers are fine and she eats the same diet and runs around just as much. Anything i can do to strengthen them because it must be hurting her snapping them off?
Thanks, Love Emma x

I don`t know myself but will be interested to know as well. Maybe it is like humans, my nails are very brittle and I don`t know why, I can never grow them long :(

Mine too lol! ::) they dont seem to bother her but there's dried blood so it must have hurt her :-\

It does not hurt the piggies if the nails snap.There is not realy much you can do about this,but there is nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back