Bringing piggies inside

l.hagan

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello my piggie friends ! So I’ve decided I can’t live with myself if I keep my piggies outside it’s worrying me although they seem mega happy and not fussed with the weather warnings I’ve decided to make space and have them indoors as of today. I was told about body temp fluctuations and just wondered if I’d have to allow them to warm up gradually ? Like not bring them right inside ? Any thoughts

Attachments

• 8AE0F233-CC04-48CA-AA08-2B5906E39AEB.webp
    8AE0F233-CC04-48CA-AA08-2B5906E39AEB.webp
    74.6 KB · Views: 28
I’m sure they’ll enjoy having you at their beck and call 🤣

Just an aside but if that is kale and spinach, it’s too much to feed in one sitting. A leaf of spinach and one bit of kale is all I would give.

They are absolutely gorgeous 😍😍 @Betsy you free?…

You could always cool the room down before bringing them in and then gradually bring the temperature up.

I do agree with Siikibam though - that is a lot of spinach and kale to be fed at one time. Kale and spinach are too high in calcium to be fed in large quantities or fed regularly. They should be given one or two leaves and only given them once a week.

I certainly am my piggynapping pal! We haven't done a piggynapping together for a while. Meet you in the usual place! I'll wear my coat with the deep pockets and you bring the piggysized bag and piggynapping torch.
Don’t forget your mask. And you’d better do a LFT first. Just as a precaution. Not that I’d mind isolating with those beauties 😉

Thanks for the feeding tips I’ll cut down on what I’m giving them from now on I think I read they should only get a cup of food each so maybe I’m being an over feeding mum. And they are locked inside now no chance anyone is stealing them x

So a wee update for all of you kind peeps ! The girls have been inside for a few days now and they have become very demanding and vocal ! I am not allowed to sit and eat dinner infront of them unless they get their food first otherwise they shout at me lol. Rosie my ginger one is extremely loud I’ve never heard her that loud and they have been pop corning around the cage which I hope is a sign of happiness. I think they are happy inside and becoming used to the company

Yeah popcorning means they are excited or happy which is a good sign. I’m glad you have brought your piggies inside as the temperatures have dropped. You should keep them inside now till at least April / may time when the temperatures start to increase again

So a wee update for all of you kind peeps ! The girls have been inside for a few days now and they have become very demanding and vocal ! I am not allowed to sit and eat dinner infront of them unless they get their food first otherwise they shout at me lol. Rosie my ginger one is extremely loud I’ve never heard her that loud and they have been pop corning around the cage which I hope is a sign of happiness. I think they are happy inside and becoming used to the company
Sounds like they’ve got you well trained already! Makes me miss mine being inside.

Daisy has never been so chill she had some lap time, some grooming a freshen up and a treat. She’s now lying all over the fresh mats

Attachments

• 29021B7A-8546-4C27-B746-AF8C411D38B3.webp
    29021B7A-8546-4C27-B746-AF8C411D38B3.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 9
  • DD9C02C8-689B-42BC-80AC-B0E3CF52842A.webp
    DD9C02C8-689B-42BC-80AC-B0E3CF52842A.webp
    44.6 KB · Views: 9
  • E639614E-E596-442B-B1C0-49F7F06FE1A9.webp
    E639614E-E596-442B-B1C0-49F7F06FE1A9.webp
    39.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 7C42F962-B3F3-4C59-BFC7-BE18D8E63D57.webp
    7C42F962-B3F3-4C59-BFC7-BE18D8E63D57.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 10
Aw, it's lovely that they're enjoying being indoors. I used to have piggies living first in a hutch outside and then in my shed until one was poorly and I moved them all indoors. They never moved back out :D

They look very happy in their new home. I moved my boys in their hutch into a new shed last weekend as I felt terrible about keeping them outside, even though they didn't seem bothered underneath piles of hay and about four layers of covers! They interact more with me since they went into the shed and are more communicative, probably because I spend more time with them as i'm not drenched every time I go out there! Good to hear it's working for you and your piggies.

Back