Brilliant 'free' bedding!!

tabelmabel

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm not often around here these days but i was changing my pigs' bedding today and I just thought i should share my brilliant find.

For any of you that use Hello Fresh or are thinking about giving it a try - the packing stuff they use on their chilled products is PERFECT.

I do not know what it is but its wicking effectiveness is 100%. Better than fleece, better than anything i have ever tried.

Every box of HF you get one large piece of this stuff. If is soft and warm. I put puppy pads on the floor of my cage and this on top.

This remains bone dry! Wee goes through to the pads underneath.

I *think* this stuff is supposed to be compostable but our bin men won't take it as composts - it has to go general waste. But no washing of fleeces. Big bonus.

For outdoor pigs it is also very warm to pack out sleeping compartments. My pigs have never chewed or ingested it. That is something you might need to keep an eye on as i do not know what it is made of.

Obvs, if you get HF anyway, this is free bedding!

Interesting... Not that I have ever tried Hello Fresh, so I just looked at their FAQs and found this:

We currently have two cool pouches that are being used in our boxes to keep your food nice and cold.

The first is our plastic cool pouch, which is made out of recycled PET. Unfortunately, our PET cool pouch is not recyclable as polyester can only be reused a limited amount of times.

The second is our new paper cool pouch. This is recyclable! Sorting equipment will recognise it as paper and sort it into appropriate recycling bales for mixed paper or corrugated boxes in material recovery facilities.

I don’t use HF but it’s definitely worth knowing in case I ever do.

Interesting... Not that I have ever tried Hello Fresh, so I just looked at their FAQs and found this:

Ah - it is the polyester one that makes the great bedding!

I had only about 2 deliveries with that recyclable card and that was just like a big envelope that would not have been good.

But the poyester stuff is amazing!

Back