Breeders In Lancashire

Status
Not open for further replies.

VickieD

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi
I'm new on here and have been searching for advice as planning to have pigs within next 4 weeks.
I have cage planned 6ft and hoping for 3 sows.
However I do want to purchase them from a breeder and as babies and wondered if you had a list of breeders in this area?
Thanks
VICKIE

There is a great rescue in Keighley, West Yorkshire which might not be too far from you - Milhaven. Jo has some lovely piggies.
Have a look at the Rescue Locator at the top bar /\ up there.
There are lots of advantages of going to a rescue - you get help finding the right piggies for your set up, you get a bonded pair or mini-group and support before and after they come home.

The best thing about rescue over breeder is you can be sure that any piggies you adopt will be bonded, disease free, neutered (males) and not pregnant. I hope we have helped you to adopt not shop. :tu:

It's lovely to plan ahead for new piggies. By adopting from a reputable rescue you are guaranteeing health checked, properly bonded, properly sexed and usually well handled piggies.

Not all piggies in rescue are older. There has been a major rescue ongoing in the South East from a hoarder. This has resulted in an abnormally large number of babies being born into rescue. These mums, dads and babies are now spread out around the country and mean that if your heart is set on babies you should find some fairly easily. Personally I prefer slightly older piggies as their personalities are more defined and they are less skittish.

We are here to support you with your piggies but please think before you support breeders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back