• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Brandy's mouth is all froth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brandy hasn't been acting himself and just looked at his mouth and it is all white froth. His top teeth are black aswell. I thought it could be teeth problems seeing as we seem to be cursed with piggies and their teeth. Any ideas what it can be?

Oh poor lil mite :-\

what has he had to eat ?
Do you check his teeth regularly ? If so when was the last time you saw him with normal teeth :P

He is eating stil parsley. He has had parsley, basil, cucumber. Ye we check their teeth regularly. He also has a bit of a fishy smell about him.

aww poor thing, umm could it be like a wrotten tooth or something, i really don't know. i would see a vet asap.
(((HUGS))) :-* :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi there love, as soon as you said a blech smell it's the trigger it means toofie probs :( :(
Yep you need to see a vet or rodentologist so they can trim the toofies it'll probably be the molars (back toofies) i'm sure a couple of the mods who've got way more experience will confirm or advise the way they see it O0 O0 O0
I hope you get an appointment quickly love as for only eating the soft leafie things that means your little piggie is struggling :(
Good luck keep us posted and wishing you all the very best, we'll have our paws crossed for Brandy :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

you need to get him to a vet or a rodentologist asap if it is smelling them the infection could be setting in :( Hope fully like Glynis has just said some one will be on to help you with more info but book that appointment asap good luck and hugs to you both O0

We've got an appointment at vets for 12.20 so will post how he gets on once we get back. :)

The vet thinks it is his teeth are over grown. His mouth was full of basil because of his symptoms he is sure it is teeth problems. He thinks he has an infection aswell. I'm really worried the same thing is going to happen to him that happened to Sooty. :-\ Vet told us what happened to him was really 1 in a million chance so hopefully it'll all go fine.

what exactly are they going to do?

Basil will get held in the back of the mouth of any piggy who had just eaten it I think, as when ever mine have their teeth checked they always have hay in the mouth so I no longer give them food before a visit (if I know I am going) or hay in the carrier.

yeah, what are they going to do?
I hope it goes ok :smitten: :smitten:

They are going to get a better look and make sure it's definitely his back teeth that are over grown then file them down is that is what the problem is.

Where are you? Our vet in Reading sees lots of dental prob pigs, as does Maryh's. If you're a member of CCT there's someone that can do teeth (well) in Reading too and also sees lots of clients :)

they shouldn't need to put Brandy under anaesthetics to find out the problem is that what they are going to do?

They won't do that to find out what the problem is. But they will put him under to do his teeth if that is what the problem is.
I'm just outside Glasgow. They deal with 3-4 guinea pigs a week with teeth problems. I don't think there is a rodentologist in Glasgow because I've looked before and not had any luck :-\

Contact Daftscotslass who's on here, or Wendi at Thistle Cavies, she has a good vet but I don't know if he does teeth without anaesthetic, she'll help you if she can anyway :)Thistle Cavies[/your]

Just phoned vets to see how he is. He is fine but stil sleepy but they do the smaller animals in the early afternoon. Everytime the phone went we were getting really worried. To phone back again at 4 to see when he can get out.

That's him back from vets. His teeth were in a bad state. The front 2 teeth were crossed over his tounge. He was eating the hay in his carrier when mum brought him in and when he went into his cage the first thing he done was go up to his hard food. Right now he is eating away at some parsley and rearanging his house ::). He hasn't to go back unless we notice something not right about him. We have to phone when the other vet is in to see if they have a free guinea pig clinic like they do with rabbits to check their back teeth. Hopefully that will be him for a good few months now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back