Boys reunited

Samjazzginger

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi

So my 2 boys decided they no longer wanted to live together ( they had a big fight and bit each other ) so they now happily live separately in cages next to each other so they have daily chats and love each other again but not in the same cage , they are going to be neutered and get a lady friend each , my question is I’m getting a large shed next year for them to move into do you think they will ever be able to share an enclosure again with the females or will they always have to be separated from each other ?
I’m planning on splitting the shed in half so they each have half where they can still chat/see other with an outdoor run on each side if they do have to be separate but I would love for them all to be together rather than separate.

Thank you

I’m afraid your boys had a fight because they dont like each other. When such a fight occurs it’s due to incompatibility and then they will never be able to be reunited (they won’t suddenly decide to like each other enough to be able to live together). If you were to try to put the two boys together again, they will fight.

You can never have two boys in the same cage with any females (even if your boys had never had their fight). Putting two boys in the same cage with females is a massive recipe for disaster and will always cause a fight between the boys.
It’s only ever one neutered boar in with sows.

I’m afraid your boys had a fight because they dont like each other. When such a fight occurs it’s due to incompatibility and then they will never be able to be reunited (they won’t suddenly decide to like each other enough to be able to live together). If you were to try to put the two boys together again, they will fight.

You can never have two boys in the same cage with any females (even if your boys had never had their fight). Putting two boys in the same cage with females is a massive recipe for disaster and will always cause a fight between the boys.
It’s only ever one neutered boar in with sows.
Thank you for your advice , I will
Keep them separate

Thank you for your advice , I will
Keep them separate

Yes, that is the best thing.

Dont forget they need to be kept away from sows for six weeks after their neutering as they still remain fertile during that time.

Once they have a lady friend each, then the boys no longer need to be able to see each other - they don’t need the side by side interaction once they are living with another piggy. Of course it’s fine if they do, but it depends how you can set up the shed and whether it is still possible to split it and keep them warm enough (usually keeping them in hutches inside the shed is easier to keep them warm unless you are going to heat the shed - but hutches don’t lend themselves to side by side interaction).
If you would like advice about keeping piggies in sheds, then do ask. There are several of us on here who use sheds and we are more than happy to help with advice on insulation, heating etc

Yes, that is the best thing.

Dont forget they need to be kept away from sows for six weeks after their neutering as they still remain fertile during that time.

Once they have a lady friend each, then the boys no longer need to be able to see each other - they don’t need the side by side interaction once they are living with another piggy. Of course it’s fine if they do, but it depends how you can set up the shed and whether it is still possible to split it and keep them warm enough (usually keeping them in hutches inside the shed is easier to keep them warm unless you are going to heat the shed - but hutches don’t lend themselves to side by side interaction).
If you would like advice about keeping piggies in sheds, then do ask. There are several of us on here who use sheds and we are more than happy to help with advice on insulation, heating etc
Thank you 😊

Back