• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Boys have been in a fightt - advice pls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayneG

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Morning all. My poor Eric has been beaten up by my younger feisty himilayan. I found Eric with a bloody ear, mouth and big gash in his side behind his front leg last night looking rather shaken. I couldn't believe the damage. He's off to the vet later as I want the vet to look at the gash. I can't believe another pig could cause it, it's about 1.5 long as if someone's snipped a hole. It's not bleeding. I've just dabbed the wounds with some salt water. I gave him some baytril earlier in case of infection but want the vet to look at him. I can't see him wanting to stitch it, he'd have to put Eric out for that wouldn't he? Any advice? I've separated them just now and Eric has a nice big cage lined with towels and his wool basket. Sam doesn't have a mark on him. I'm not happy with him!

Feisty himi? :o I've never heard of one of those.. :) They always seem so laid back.

Hugs (gentle ones) to poor little Eric :-*

:o :o :o :o ouch poor little Eric :( :( :( :(
Looks like they wont be house mates again :( unfortunately boars can be like this ::)
Keep us posted as to how Eric goes at the vets, that sounds quite nasty, cuddles and kisses for him :smitten: :smitten:

Sorry to hear Sam has had a go at Eric. I hope eveything goes well at the vets, there is nothing more you can really do for him. The vet can choose a couple courses of action, depending on how bad the gash is. Let us know how it goes. O0

Thanks guys. Well Sam's my first himi, he's 8 months old now and is the most evil pig I think I've had >:D! He doesn't like being touched and falls out with the others over the slightest thing. Should've been a girl he's so touchy! Am not impressed with what he's done to Eric at all. When Eric's well, I'm putting him in with Syd who's a nice timid boy and Sam's just going to have to live next door to them but on his own.

Yes it sounds like he's a "better off own his own" kind of boy

My Chester is so laid back he's horizontal ;D and loves a cuddle and kiss :D

JayneG said:
Thanks guys. Well Sam's my first himi, he's 8 months old now and is the most evil pig I think I've had >:D! He doesn't like being touched and falls out with the others over the slightest thing. Should've been a girl he's so touchy! Am not impressed with what he's done to Eric at all. When Eric's well, I'm putting him in with Syd who's a nice timid boy and Sam's just going to have to live next door to them but on his own.

Why do you think he is so 'evil'? :)

Well the plot thickens. Eric went to vet and is all fine (he wasn't too happy being jabbed tho). It turns out now, that we think it was Syd our other young black boar. Eric can't bear to be parted with Sam our himi, but won't have a bar of Syd, they went for each other. So now Syd is living on his own in a separate cage and harmony has returned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back