Boys Dragging Their bottoms

Status
Not open for further replies.

katiep

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have been watching my 2 boars with interest - and wondering why they drag their butts across the floor! Its not their sweat glands but their bottoms - is it a territorial thing? They do it when they are playing out in the conservatory..

yeah i think theyre marking their patch etc,its a good job men dont do that...ewwwwwwww

Sehnsucht said:
yeah i think theyre marking their patch etc,its a good job men dont do that...ewwwwwwww

ERW! Mine would get a good hiding if he did that!

spudnik said:
yeah they are scenting it, not a nice smell at all lol

It is a yuk smell, Tiger didn't smell when he was on his own but now there's 2 of them they don't half pong! And jeremy's bottom seems to twitch when he's running around - can't see Tiger's coz he's hairy... very strange!

yeah ive got 2 boars, everytime we have a change of cage my room stinks of their scent for 10 mins after they go back in, dirty lil things!

do you need to wash their bottoms? I check them every day and Tiger gets a shampoo every other week with him being hairy, but I read about some white gunk coming out of their bottoms that you need to wash off?

never seen white gunk..but my boys do get bits of hay trapped up near their dinkles/butt so i just gently pull it out. one of mine sometimes gets a but of soft poop in the butt area so i just clean that with some cotton wool but thats about it.

spudnik said:
never seen white gunk..but my boys do get bits of hay trapped up near their dinkles/butt so i just gently pull it out. one of mine sometimes gets a but of soft poop in the butt area so i just clean that with some cotton wool but thats about it.

dinkles? lmao

yep lol makes a little more bearable to make it a light hearted discussion :D

Sehnsucht said:

I'm sure glad they don't!

The other day, I was handling Sid then I noticed a little white ball thing had come out of his bottom area (I don't know which part ::)) n it absolutely stank! My 10 year old sister said it smelt like Cheese & Onion crisps ;D

If I remember rightly, it was just after I cleaned his cage out, could it be him 'marking his territory'? I was quite worried and am watching out for him doing it again. He's done it twice now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back