Bought So Much Stuff..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alyy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
And I don't even have piggies yet!

Made my second order with Cavy Couture (obsessed with that website!) and ordered 2 new blankets from ASDA last night of a polka dot pink and plain pink blanket.
I have wooden arches and one of those cardboard tunnels, chewy garlands etc..

I think I've spent just over £100 and I haven't even moved the room around to accommodate the C&C cage yet! I'm just so excited! I'm buying the cage from candcguineapigcages.co.uk but can't until my bf's new computer gets here as he is paying for it as my Christmas present :p

Just a small bag of selective, I also have a small box of piggie fibafirst coming too :) Didn't realise the bowl would be so teeny but I can make use of it haha, the big one will be for veggies so I need to get another pellet bowl unless I can find an old one of my rabbits'!

My first Cavy Couture order :D 2 waterproof blankets and a jumbo cosy (LOVE the ducks!), the order I made yesterday is for a soaker pad and 2 large cosy pouches, a newsprint one and pink elephants.

I wanted a pink theme but when I saw all of the patterns that went totally out the window!

Fleece will be trial, I use Fitch for one of my rabbits litter trays so have plenty of that if all goes to pot haha! I have a nice pink litter tray for them too but if anything it will be to help contain the hay. I understand they are very messy little things haha :D

Can't wait to set the cage up though, no doubt I'll be changing my mind with the layout a lot before any animal moves in!

:D

Aww, I am excited for you. Your new piggies are going to have a wonderful home.

Aww, I am excited for you. Your new piggies are going to have a wonderful home.

My bf has given up trying to stop me spending, but I've told him that's it now. I *think* I have everything ..Bought a big bag of soft meadow hay for the litter tray and then I have the hay I use for my buns from timothyhay.co.uk and dustfreehay.co.uk for the hay rack so that's all sorted too.

Then it's just a case of finding pigs .. I've emailed our local RSPCA as there are none showing on the website atm but they can't be all out surely! Cant really do anything until after the 3rd November I think as candcguinepigcages aren't sending new orders out until after then. I'm being patient for once :D

Wow look at all the treats and toys you've bought! Very exciting! I love buying stuff for my girls and regularly use Cavy Couture too :D

Do you know if Fenugreek Crunchies are piggie safe? I buy them for my rabbits but have never really looked to see if they are safe for guineas :) VioVet was so cheap so I went a bit crazy! Although my bf bought the seagrass tunnel for me from The Range, I didn't even ask ;) He has had piggies before so I think he's a bit excited too.

All looks lovely indeed!
I find the 'toy' sort items are useless, they get unused. But the Seagrass and hay bed/hideys make good use. I agree it is hard to pass up on a nice bit of fleece! I currently have my eye on some Primark Christmas fleece. Hehe

Do you know if Fenugreek Crunchies are piggie safe? I buy them for my rabbits but have never really looked to see if they are safe for guineas :) VioVet was so cheap so I went a bit crazy! Although my bf bought the seagrass tunnel for me from The Range, I didn't even ask ;) He has had piggies before so I think he's a bit excited too.

Just had a quick search online and looks like they can be eaten by small animals including guinea pigs. I have never used them before though. I find the straw type toys go down well with my girls as they gnaw on them until there is virtually nothing left! Some of the other toys like the wooden ones may be more of a decoration though as mine never really show an interest in things like that! But maybe yours will :)

It's great that you are all organised for getting your piggies! Have you looked at the rescue locator on here to see if there is a rescue nearby?

Also, is it Walsall RSPCA you were looking at? I stumbled upon their Facebook page and seen they have a pair of sows looking for a home and they just put it up yesterday. Might be worth a look :)

Everything looks great! I am SO excited for you! :) I remember how happy I was when I found out I was getting my second piggy! I was literally spinning in a chair for like an hour. True story. You look like you are a very considerate owner, and your piggies will be SPOILED! :)) They will have a great home. Have fun!

Wow, all that stuff looks amazing! :)
I use the same little bowl for my pellets tbh! :) They have one each, then the same sized bowl you have for the veggies each :)

Also, is it Walsall RSPCA you were looking at? I stumbled upon their Facebook page and seen they have a pair of sows looking for a home and they just put it up yesterday. Might be worth a look :)

Yes I've been looking on there but I think it may be a little bit too far for me and not have a panic attack (stupid, I know). The closest one is Nuneaton/Coventry RSPCA which is about 15 minutes away :) Good to know about fenugreek crunchies too thank you :D
I'm trying not to get carried away and rush getting guinea pigs, I'll be getting the cage next month and then I'll start looking properly, definitely going to a rescue, it might be harder sticking just to two though.. :D

All looks lovely indeed!
I find the 'toy' sort items are useless, they get unused. But the Seagrass and hay bed/hideys make good use. I agree it is hard to pass up on a nice bit of fleece! I currently have my eye on some Primark Christmas fleece. Hehe

I was told after I bought the toys that pigs don't really play with things haha, but I have 6 rabbits that can make use of them I'm sure :D

I really wanted a red or blue bowl but of course I got the green one haha! Might just use it then and get another, which means another order ;)
I'm really pleased you liked them :nod: (Sorry I messed up your Pink theme :lol!: )

Hehe, not a problem :D It's going to look fab now! I'm obsessed with looking through all of the patterns on facebook and saw the newsprint one and just decided I had to have it! Couldn't just order one thing though.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back