• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Bottoms!

• Thread starter Thread starter TheGaffer
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheGaffer

Erm we were looking at Bailey's bottom earlier :embarassed: (only because he doesn't seem to be cleaning himself too well)

Anyway he was really mucky, and (this is hard to explain) when we pulled back the little flaps of skin from his erm balls :embarassed: to see into his bottom properly, there was all this white gunky stuff! and a bit of poo and tiny strands of hay. I managed to clean the poo and hay with a cotton bud but I didn't want to poke about anymore and the gunky white stuff is still there!

I think I can guess what the white stuff is! maybe he's been getting a little excited?

Can I clean it out? Help!

Yes you can! it's called secum and is quite normal, stinky but normal ;D My boys get all sorts stuck up there, but a cotton bud does the trick :)

Hi i've not had to do this personally but i'm sure there's a thread with the info in it. Good luck with your little man :-* they don't like their boy parts being examined do they ;)

Do you think he might be impacted?

We've had another look this morning and cleaned out some more pooey mess. I could feel a small round lump either side in his anal sac, but I couldn't see them. It felt the same on both sides, is this normal or do you think it might be poo?

I'd go to the vets for advice and their opinion :)
I wouldn't know as only Sully had a slight problem with his poos towards the end, but i was able to manipulate them out to relieve the pressure for him.
I wish you all the best for Bailey :smitten:

TheGaffer said:

We've had another look this morning and cleaned out some more pooey mess. I could feel a small round lump either side in his anal sac, but I couldn't see them. It felt the same on both sides, is this normal or do you think it might be poo?

If it was an impaction it would be all one lump in the middle, not either side :)

I think it's normal what you can feel afterall boys' testes' are in there :)

kellyandpiggies said:
TheGaffer said:

If it was an impaction it would be all one lump in the middle, not either side :)

I think it's normal what you can feel afterall boys' testes' are in there :)

I thought that! If its symmetrical it must be ok.

We'll keep an eye on it, and I might pop him to the vets for a quick check up.

Thanks everyone,

Nicola

I would try soaking him in bath of warm water just enough to cover his bits and sloosh it around his butt to loosen any bits off, I sue to do this with Ginger and he got use to it and it relaly helps clean them out with no poking about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back