• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Boris to have op tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexr

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Please keep your fingers crossed for my lovely Boris. He is due to have an operation tomorrow to remove a bladder stone :(

He has been poorly over the past two weeks and when neither Septrin nor Baytril seemed to have any effect or alleviate the symptoms my vet x-rayed Boris and found a large stone with sharp edges in his bladder.

He's due to have the op tomorrow. Apparently it might be a bit tricky cos the vet may have to break the stone into smaller fragments to get it out. He thinks it may have lodged into the lining of the bladder.

My poor, brave Boris!

Good luck Boris, sending you lots of love and kisses :smitten:

x

Thank you everyone!

The vet has called to say that Boris has come round from the op and is wandering round a bit. The poor lad had a huge spiky stone in his bladder - ouch! Apparently I need to phone again this afternoon for an update as to how he is going. Ken wants to keep him in until tomorrow to keep an eye on him cos he said it was a really invasive operation for a guinea pig.

His cagemate Betty seems really lonely without him so I'm sure she'll be glad to see him tomorrow :)

Oh the poor chap...good news he has come round ok O0

Hopefully he will be back to his old self in no time :smitten:

Why not take Betty to the vet and leave her with Boris.It is stressful for piggies to be seperated.If any of my pigs have to be admitted for any reason,I always take a companion pig.The added bonus is that you will be able to see Boris.

glad Boris has had his op sure he will be up and back to his normal self soon sending you LOL

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

maryh said:
Why not take Betty to the vet and leave her with Boris.It is stressful for piggies to be seperated.If any of my pigs have to be admitted for any reason,I always take a companion pig.The added bonus is that you will be able to see Boris.

Definately! It will make them both feel better and eat probably too! I took Pookie to be with Snowy when Ann kept him in overnight. I also take the partner to the vet for company even if its just for routine stuff so they feel better........

Hope Boris is soon feeling much better. So glad he's come through the op ok. Big kisses for Boris from all the gang here! :-* :-* :-*
maryh said:

We always do this too. Our vet suggested it and it certainly seems to make a big difference as they really seem to miss their cage mate if they are separated.

So glad to hear Boris came through the op okay and he's moving about, I expect he's relieved to have that stone out! :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back