Boning for cuddle cup

Black piggies

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
I'm thinking of making the no sew cuddle cups suggested on here:

Screenshot_20210810_031957_com.android.chrome.webp

As my piggies always stand on cuddle cups, I'm wondering about sewing boning into the opening. Does anyone know, is this boning what might be used for that?:

Screenshot_20210813_114411.webp

Thanks.

Something like that would be fine, as long as it is fully enclosed in the seams.
I made a couple of cuddle cups and actually used a strip of foam yoga mat to keep the entrance open (also fully enclosed of course).

Something like that would be fine, as long as it is fully enclosed in the seams.
I made a couple of cuddle cups and actually used a strip of foam yoga mat to keep the entrance open (also fully enclosed of course).
Thanks, that's a great idea. Less likely to take the piggy's eye out if my sewing is dodgy. Local market sells foam in all shapes and sizes.

I used boning in tunnels that I made. If I remember correctly, I sewed one end (right sides together) then put the boning in and sewed on the right side. That way it was encased and inaccessible. Hope that makes sense.

I use polyester batting/wadding in my cuddle cups, I sew a 6oz layer on the inside and outside fabric and it’s stiffens it up a bit. You could used boning but it needs to be encased in strong fabric as it tends to poke through like bra wires after a time
74A9DC2B-1D12-4AE3-A474-38F304484BD8.webp

I used boning in tunnels that I made. If I remember correctly, I sewed one end (right sides together) then put the boning in and sewed on the right side. That way it was encased and inaccessible. Hope that makes sense.
Thanks, I think with the likely big difference between your and my sewing skills, the foam might be safer 😊

I use polyester batting/wadding in my cuddle cups, I sew a 6oz layer on the inside and outside fabric and it’s stiffens it up a bit. You could used boning but it needs to be encased in strong fabric as it tends to poke through like bra wires after a time
View attachment 183090
That's lovely, would batting also work inside fleece for homemade pee pads? I think have seen on your photos nice big pee pads for the piggies having sofa time.

Back