Bonding

LynB

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm sorry to say I have had to put my piggies up for adoption. They had a full on fight so I separated them but they started causing disruption in the cage and couldn't settle, even trying to fight through the bars. I'm really sad but I'm sure they will go to somebody that will be able to pair them with others. Thank you for all the advice you gave me. I will be in touch if I ever get anymore, it doesn't seem likely at the moment. It shook me that 2 little animals could fight so bad.

I am sorry to hear this.
Did you surrender them to a rescue? This is what we would recommend you do to make sure they go to good homes.

Unfortunately bonds aren't guaranteed and it all comes down to personality.
I hope this does not put you off owning piggies forever, as they really are great pets/family members, but I do understand that you may need some time after this. Best of luck with whatever you choose going forward x

I’m so sorry they have chosen not to live together anymore. I’ve never seen a piggy fight but I’m sure it would shake me up too. I hope they each find a compatible friend and live happy lives. Take care ❤️

I am sorry to hear this.
Did you surrender them to a rescue? This is what we would recommend you do to make sure they go to good homes.

Unfortunately bonds aren't guaranteed and it all comes down to personality.
I hope this does not put you off owning piggies forever, as they really are great pets/family members, but I do understand that you may need some time after this. Best of luck with whatever you choose going forward x
I have put them up for adoption to someone that has a lot of knowledge when it comes to situations like mine x

Hi, sorry for not replying earlier but I'm in depression mode, I miss my boys so much. I feel so guilty letting them go. I think about them all the time and hope they are happy. The house is empty without them, no squeaking and greeting me when I walk in the room. I keep seeing their little faces 😭
I know I will never know who they are with and where but it is playing on my mind and I keep crying but I know it was for the best.
They were put up for adoption, and I donated food cage and some toys to a rescue centre but I had to keep 2 little pads that they had in the cage. How long will this pain last?

It will take time. You did the right thing for them. I’m sure they are both happy and well cared for. There are pet help lines for people struggling with the loss of their fur babies. Take care. ❤️

I read this notification ages ago and completely forgot to get back to you.
I cant imagine how hard it is but I hope you can find peace in the fact it was the right decision for you in that time. You made that decision with your piggies best interests at heart.

That certainly doesn’t take away the pain/upset from it all, but I do unfortunately think that comes with time.
I have only had to put a trio of pigs up for adoption, but this was many years ago and even then I only looked after them for a week or so, but it still hurt for months after.

Please allow yourself to feel this almost grief for the relationship you had, then you can work through it. I hope one day what you had urges you to restart your journey with these lovely animals, but only when the time is right for you. Or not, everyone’s different and that’s completely okay.

Sending you many hugs x:hug:

Back