Bonding two pairs of bonded boars

Kellie

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello,

We have just adopted a pair of bonded boars around 4 months old, given to the shelter by someone who unfortunately was sold mixed sex piggies.

We have a bonded pair of boars already at home and have separate 2x6 cages. We was wondering if anyone had any success in bonding two already bonded pairs?

Many thanks

The piggies would need to practically free roam a small garden to have enough space to live together. Not advisable at all. You could wind up with such a bad fall out that they could all end up living solo.

Hello,

We have just adopted a pair of bonded boars around 4 months old, given to the shelter by someone who unfortunately was sold mixed sex piggies.

We have a bonded pair of boars already at home and have separate 2x6 cages. We was wondering if anyone had any success in bonding two already bonded pairs?

Many thanks

Hi and welcome

Please don't try.

Boar quartets are most unstable combo of them all with a near 100% fail rate. Your younger pair is just about to hit puberty and descending testicles with the huge testosterone spikes.

Here is more information on various combinations

This is our teenage guide for boars:

Thank you all for your replies @Wiebke thank you for the guides also.

We are more than happy to keep them separate just they kept talking to each other through the cage and wondered if it was worth a go putting the cages into one so would be 12x4 but will keep them separate

Thank you again for the advice much appreciated shame though but I suppose means more cuddle time for us individually 🩷

Thank you all for your replies @Wiebke thank you for the guides also.

We are more than happy to keep them separate just they kept talking to each other through the cage and wondered if it was worth a go putting the cages into one so would be 12x4 but will keep them separate

Thank you again for the advice much appreciated shame though but I suppose means more cuddle time for us individually 🩷

Boars are generally best in pairs in a domestic setting, unlss you can dedicate a full room or outbuilding. Never try to rock what works, as great as the temptation is.

This is our comprehensive boar guide.

Here is our arrival and settling guide

Having another pair of boys that is happy and confident will bring out your second pair more quickly but please be aware that the group establishment in their new territory in their home could trigger the first of the big teenage spikes.

That's really helpful thank you. We do have an outer building but our boys have lived with us in our home since we first got them so would like that to continue, I'd also be super worried that they would be cold and lonely outside we talk to them on the camera whilst we are at work.

I think as long as they stay happy side by side in separate cages we are also happy with that but will certainly have a good read through the guides thank you

Back