Bonding my 2 month old baby?

Savyx_x

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi so I just got a new baby Peruvian a week ago her name is Evie she is 2 months old I got her so that my 3 month old Mabel can have a friend and I’m trying to bond them but should I wait to bond her when Evie is a bit older? Or Even after she’s more used to me? I ask Because she’s still very shy please let me know any tips or info on this because I’ve just been picking up info off different sites and I’m still not very sure what the right way would be but I do know about the bonding process like putting them in a neutral area together with none of their scents anywhere, wiping everything down with vinegar, etc but how long should I wait?

Hi so I just got a new baby Peruvian a week ago her name is Evie she is 2 months old I got her so that my 3 month old Mabel can have a friend and I’m trying to bond them but should I wait to bond her when Evie is a bit older? Or Even after she’s more used to me? I ask Because she’s still very shy please let me know any tips or info on this because I’ve just been picking up info off different sites and I’m still not very sure what the right way would be but I do know about the bonding process like putting them in a neutral area together with none of their scents anywhere, wiping everything down with vinegar, etc but how long should I wait?

Hi and welcome

Guinea pigs under 4 months old are desperate for company and guidance of their elders and should be bonded as soon as possible. Their social need surpasses even any quarantine considerations if their companion is healthy enough.

Please take the time to read these very helpful links, both the step by step bonding guide with lots of practical tips and information on what happens at every stage of the bonding process (including behaviours and dynamics). It also includes additional information and videos of bonding sows and bonding babies:
Bonding and Interaction: Illustrated social behaviours and bonding dynamics
And our interesting development guide, which takes you through a piggy life from birth until death:
Journey through a Lifetime: The Ages of Guinea Pigs (for the importance of the formative 'School Weeks' between weaning and teenage and what exactly happens at that age please see chapter 3)

All the best! Guinea pigs don't hurt babies but brace yourself for some vocal drama and submission squealing!

Back