Bonding Maude and Henry now.

Hannah_xx

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Australia, Victoria. (originally from Essex, UK)
Exciting and nerve racking event going on. I am bonding Maude and new boy Henry. He was de-sexed 6 and half weeks ago according to his paperwork. And he’s been side by side to Maude for the past 4-5 days since I got him from an animal shelter.
Decided to give it a go tonight as if it didn’t work I don’t want to get attached after weeks and have to take him back, I’d be very upset!
The shelter said he was bossy and over the top with in the last home that tried him with their two females.. no wonder! He was still full of hormones!
Anyway,
We are 20 minutes in and all is going….GREAT!
Touch wood.. fingers crossed.
No signs of aggression at all from him, in fact he is being very patient and easy going. Maude hasn’t much stopped ‘talking’ anxiously. But she’s been great too, she’s kicked him a few times and sprayed him lol. But he’s just looked suprised and then continues on his way. They have both been busy eating Timothy hay together which is awesome.
Only a tiny bit of rumblestrutting from him he hasn’t even humped her yet!
Maudes very worried but hasn’t gone for him 🤞

09BCE2C9-09FA-4DE3-B75E-EB831B36F277.webp8F660830-9010-4D62-99C7-7A3493CA0A3E.webp49D8BA74-3755-49FC-8914-417ED26A313A.webp

Think they want to go back to the pig room? ..
EF161C3D-7B39-42A7-89C9-D22105B560E6.webp

Oh they look so compatible and lovely together 🥰
🤞for you Maude & Henry

What a lovely couple. Long May it continue 😍

Oh they are such a gorgeously scrumptious little couple! :luv: :luv:
Sounds and looks like it’s going great! Hope they carry on being happy chaps sharing their grub :):love: x

Exciting and nerve racking event going on. I am bonding Maude and new boy Henry. He was de-sexed 6 and half weeks ago according to his paperwork. And he’s been side by side to Maude for the past 4-5 days since I got him from an animal shelter.
Decided to give it a go tonight as if it didn’t work I don’t want to get attached after weeks and have to take him back, I’d be very upset!
The shelter said he was bossy and over the top with in the last home that tried him with their two females.. no wonder! He was still full of hormones!
Anyway,
We are 20 minutes in and all is going….GREAT!
Touch wood.. fingers crossed.
No signs of aggression at all from him, in fact he is being very patient and easy going. Maude hasn’t much stopped ‘talking’ anxiously. But she’s been great too, she’s kicked him a few times and sprayed him lol. But he’s just looked suprised and then continues on his way. They have both been busy eating Timothy hay together which is awesome.
Only a tiny bit of rumblestrutting from him he hasn’t even humped her yet!
Maudes very worried but hasn’t gone for him 🤞

View attachment 204033View attachment 204034View attachment 204036

Think they want to go back to the pig room? ..
View attachment 204035

Sows have a special tone/whine when talking to boars; it is a good sign when they do. As the more dominant, she will keep him at a distance until her next season and until she is read to mate. But it sounds very promising. A talking sow and a boar who is carried away by his gonads taking over is always a great start!

You will see a bit more dominance behaviour in the next few stages of the bonding process as they work out the leadership and hierarchy and establish a fully working group in their territory. But with a very laid-back boar, this will hopefully be on the milder side.
Bonding and Interaction: Illustrated social behaviours and bonding dynamics

Back