Bonding Boars, Jack and Jasper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Well I started trying to bond them last night. They met briefly through cage bars before the first proper meeting and I'd made sure that they each had a go in their run to get accustomed to each others smell. Last night was their first official play time together, I put a load of clean towels down in the bathroom along with 2 piles of veggies and them let them go. It went really well! There was a bit of rumbling from Jasper but Jack ignored him and when Jasper tried to mount him he got kicked in the face and backed off pretty quick. There was no teeth chattering or chasing or anything like that. They were grooming each others ears and happily eating from the same pile of veggies! :smitten:
They are going to have a second play time tonight and if all goes well I might give the cage a good scrub tomorrow and see how they are in that tomorrow night. I'm not sure if they've decided who's top pig really and I think I'll put Gus in a pen next to their floor time so I can see how they all react in close proximity to each other since Gus shares a grid wall of their cage and he's a little so and so.
Do yo think it's a good idea or do you think putting them together tomorrow night is rushing it a bit? I don't want to rush them and for it all to go wrong.

If floor time goes well, then I would try them in the cage for a while, but only when you are around to keep an eye on them. When we were bonding Sam and Roo we tried that, and gradually reduced the level of supervision as we could see that they were getting on well together.

Sounds very promising so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back