Bonding behaviours

Piggiemum2

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I bonded my boar with another boar about a month ago now. All in all they’ve been perfect, in fact I’ve been worrying all this time it’s too good to be true (after a previous failed bonding attempt). They’ve not really had any fall outs apart from the odd chase and rumble. The past 2 days they’ve been more boisterous than usual, showing their teeth at one another (but never actually doing anything about it… typical) and more chasing.
The new boy (Bean) is finding his feet and I think that may be why Sage is putting on a show as a dominance thing? I’m just wondering if this is normal and if they’re still in their bonding period? Any advice appreciated :)

Can I ask what ages they are?
My boar pair still have days that worry me! Also there's a bit of spring fever going on at the moment. Mischievous Master Boris is sporting a bit of boar glue on his flank right now courtesy of Dignified Sir George.....😁

Bonding takes around two weeks but after that they are still going to show dominance as they maintain their bond.

Their ages are a factor here so knowing that would be useful - if you’ve for a teenager then hormones are going to be in play.

Also consider if you’ve just cleaned out their cage/cleaned out too much. Doing a full cage clean is removing all scent so can kick off a new round of reestablishing their bond. Our advice is to change bedding in half the cage at a time to help them recognise the territories.

Back