Bonding baby boars

CavyL0ver

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I'm currently bonding my boars and its going well. I have not heard a single teeth chatter, only rumbling, mounting, and chasing. It has only been 30 minutes, and in the past 5 minutes I have not heard any dominance behaviors. Do you think its safe for me to put them back together? If not, then when? I also want to know which boar should I put in the cage first. Thanks in advance.

Please leave them in the bonding pen for several hours. Any new environment sets off a new round of dominance so you want them to be through the early stages of bonding in the neutral territory bonding pen before moving them to the cage.
Make sure the cage they are going to live in is thoroughly cleaned before you put them in.
Ensure when you introduce hides, that they all have two exits And that the cage is definitely big enough for a boar pair
When you move them then try to move them together - herd them into a box or carrier and put them both into the cage at same time. If you can’t do that, then you need to deal with the dominant piggy first to respect the hierarchy, but at this point you may not know which one that is.

Bonding and Interaction: Illustrated social behaviours and bonding dynamics

Back